Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   IW Secret Santa v3.0 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98292)

Aelia Jusa 12-09-2007 01:01 AM

IW Secret Santa v3.0

Who's feeling festive?? :santawave: If so, welcome to the third annual IW Secret Santa!! (I missed last year through laziness.) Thought I would give it another go this year and see if anyone wants to join in.

So, simple concept, you sign up, you get randomly allocated one of the other participees as their Secret Santa and give them a super fabulous Christmas gift! Not a real gift of course, a fantasy gift which might be something real that you know they would love (i.e. this is what I would give you if I had the money etc.), something silly but still real (i.e. you don't have to know anything about what they would really like but the gift is so cool you know they will be impressed with it), or something actually fantasy (e.g., +5 ring of buffoon-smiting). So you decide on the gift, then in the gift-distributing thread you just describe it for your recipient and they thank you heartily. And of course in turn, someone is your Secret Santa and you get an amazing gift.

I always think the best gifts aren't the most expensive or trendiest or biggest, but the ones that show the giver has clearly put some thought into what you would really like. Nothing worse than those generic photoframe/chocolates/bath products type gifts you get from random aunts and such. So since this gift is all thought and no substance, you get that nice feeling that the giver has put some effort in :)

So this thread is just to see if there is any interest, in the past it has been pretty fun but it probably doesn't work if there isn't at least like 16 people - the more the better. Post if you want to participate, by say the 16th to allow time for allocation of secret santas, thinking up gifts, and giving them by Christmas. If you're not religious or Christian it doesn't matter, Santa isn't exactly religious anyway, and I'm a total heathen so please feel free to join in. Newbies welcome of course! ;)

Bungleau 12-09-2007 01:07 AM

Re: IW Secret Santa v3.0

Count me in!

Illumina Drathiran'ar 12-09-2007 01:14 AM

Ooh, ooh! I've been waiting for this! Count me in!

wellard 12-09-2007 04:24 AM

Count me in too ... :heee:

ZFR 12-09-2007 04:43 AM

OK, count me in too.

dplax 12-09-2007 06:47 AM

I'm in. :)

Kyrvias 12-09-2007 02:35 PM

Count me in! Great fun the last few times. :D

Trogdor 12-09-2007 03:31 PM

Haha, sounds good to me!

Spirits Reborn 12-09-2007 07:20 PM

I remember doing this a couple years back!

lets try it again :D

Larry_OHF 12-09-2007 07:57 PM

You can count me in.

At first glance, I thought we'd be giving real gifts, which I would be in for as well, but this is fun too.