Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Load / Crash problem (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37166)

Stonewarrior 10-13-2006 02:35 PM

Hi all, when I select the Load option (as opposed to New or Multiplayer) NWN crashes to the desktop. I suppose I can reinstall everything, but I would prefer not to if I don't have to.

I have the following items downloaded and installed...

All of the files needed for Escape from Undermountain.

A small handful of modules.

I do not know how long this has been going on or what was installed around the time it started as I only play online. However, my son plays single player games and can not load his games.

If anyone could provide any suggestions we would much appreciate it.

robertthebard 10-13-2006 02:45 PM

Is there any error message? That would be helpful in resolving the problem. You may also want to check and be sure the save games aren't corrupted, or requiring files you don't have.

Stonewarrior 10-13-2006 03:18 PM

No, there are no error messages. I hit load and the screen goes black and then goes tot he desktop. A short time later I get a generic "NWN is not responding" click to close sort of thing. We are not even able to pull up saved games for SoU or HotU. We are however able to start new games with SoU, HotU as well as the mods that come in the Diamond Edition. One thing I had not thought of selecting a new game and then selecting load from the options once the new game is loaded. Though that would be a bit time consuming to load a game.

robertthebard 10-13-2006 03:37 PM

I seem to remember seeing this before, but damned if I can remember where.

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewforum.html?forum=49

You might look through here, and see if you can find any info.

Albromor 10-13-2006 04:54 PM

What video card do you have?

Stonewarrior 10-13-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Albromor:
I have not idea whatsoever. I am using a laptop that I had no intention of using for gaming so whatever came standard.

RTB - I will check there, thanks.

SpiritWarrior 10-13-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stonewarrior:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Albromor:

I have not idea whatsoever. I am using a laptop that I had no intention of using for gaming so whatever came standard.

</font>[/QUOTE]Sounds like an OpenGL rendering problem. The vidcard is the place to look. It may be possible your card cannot prun NWN's.

Stonewarrior 10-13-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stonewarrior:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Albromor:

</font>[/QUOTE]Sounds like an OpenGL rendering problem. The vidcard is the place to look. It may be possible your card cannot prun NWN's.
</font>[/QUOTE]I am afraid am not following you. I am able to play with no real problems. I generally play EFU while my son plays single player. He is able to start a game but not load one he previously started.

SpiritWarrior 10-13-2006 09:16 PM

Then I misread, sorry. I had something like this happen before, I sorted it by reinstalling the game and moving my saves to a safe place. If it is the same issue it happens due to some corruption in files IIRC. So yeah, you may have to re-install...takes awhile but hey.