Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My mod... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37120)

Dirty Meg 08-15-2006 05:59 PM

I have made a mod for NWN. It is designed for a cleric type character. All the relevant information is on the page at nwvault. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=5120

T-D-C 08-15-2006 06:42 PM

Cool Will be sure to check it out.

Dreamer128 08-17-2006 09:06 AM

Is it a roleplaying or a powergaming module? The description doesn't specify. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dirty Meg 08-17-2006 06:47 PM

It is far more roleplaying than hack'n'slash.

The main character is a cleric (of Ilmater, Tempus or Auril depending on alignment). It only takes a couple of hours to play, but it is the first part of what will be a much longer series.

I hope somebody here is going to play it. I would be genuinely interested in peoples opinions. I've included all kinds of references and allusions in there, so I'd be curious to see if anyone spots them all.

Larry_OHF 08-18-2006 11:49 AM

<font color=skyblue>I'd be interested in trying it out once I get passed the first couple of weeks of this semester at school so that I can actually have 2 hours to devote to it. I am willing to try it just because you mentioned the length of time it takes to complete. I'll assume you'd like feedback posted here once its been played through?</font>

Mozenwrathe 08-27-2006 07:31 PM

I will be right on that the moment I get my own personal computer back up and running.

robertthebard 09-14-2006 09:01 AM

Per our discussion in Undermountain; I went and downloaded your mod, and have started playing it. It does seem, as you said, that some of the ratings/comments were a bit harsh. So far, while some of the areas do seem needlessly large, I haven't fully explored them. I found the quest on the first map, and chased around a bit, but have managed to ride the caravan, and talk to a wizard. The Miller area seems large, but I don't know if you had intended something in there for later in your story, however, it is rather empty. Encounters aren't the end all/be all of a module, but there should probably be more homes around the mill. Just little nit picky stuff, so far. I'll update this as I advance, but I really don't do single player. However, every module builder needs encouragement, and I'll give it a go.

Dirty Meg 09-14-2006 09:41 AM

In retrospect, I realise the areas were too big and empty. I think that, and the fact the export character script at the end doesn't work are the only major flaws with it.

There are a load of veiled references to books, movies and computer games in there, so I'd be interested to know how many you spot.

robertthebard 09-14-2006 10:21 AM

Overall, I found the module to be a good distraction. It's not overly combat oriented, which is good for a cleric mod, and despite some of the "I found the final monster to be too hard" things I saw on the vault, I found him to be rather easy. Of course, spellcasters aren't my forte as a rule, but there are tricks one should know, and I do...It's a nice start, with a great twist at the end. Thanks for the effort, believe me when I say, I know how much work goes into crafting a module.

Dirty Meg 10-24-2006 11:12 PM

*Shameless Bump*

I just looked at my mod on the NWvault, and somebody gave me a 9.5! Having spent so much time on it, I'm a bit dissapointed at the number of downloads I got, so this is a last desperate plea to get people from ironworks to give it a go. It's only about two hours, and doesn't require anything other than the original game and the two expansions, so even if you hate it you haven't really lost anything.

I would be interested to hear Larry, T-D-C and Mozenwrathe's opinions, assuming they got round to playing it. Thank you Rob, for giving it a chance.