Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My head hurts!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89931)

Donut 04-26-2004 10:37 AM

;)

Apparently it's now Monday! I remember most of Sunday, but much of it seems to have never happened.

What on earth happened. Was I transported across time and space? Where are the missing 9 hours?

Why - if my head hurts, do I seem so pleased with life?

Why do I have this sardonic smile which won't go away? Why do I feel 10 feet tall? And if I am 10 feet tall why am I floating along the street?

Something happened yesterday - what the hell was it?

Vaskez 04-26-2004 10:54 AM

You died?

johnny 04-26-2004 10:59 AM

Arsenal finally won a trophy. But after the unfortunate loss in the FA cup, and their very poor CL performance, it must be a trophy which leaves kind of a sour taste. It was written all over Wenger's face when i saw him on TV. Winning the Premiership was the least they could do, but there was so much more for them this season.

Anyway, congrats Donut, a title well deserved. That gap of 9 hours you have, is something i'm quite familiar with myself. Don't worry, it's supposed to be like that. :D

Donut 04-26-2004 11:32 AM

Oh yeah! Winning the Premiership was a "consolation prize". I don't think so johnny!

BTW - will the Dutch teams be entering next year's CL - they were sorely missed this year.

Kakero 04-26-2004 12:47 PM

Is this another of your joke thread Donut? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Congrats to Arsenal for winning the EPL. I wanna see they maintain their unbeatable record through the end.

johnny 04-26-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
Oh yeah! Winning the Premiership was a "consolation prize". I don't think so johnny!

BTW - will the Dutch teams be entering next year's CL - they were sorely missed this year.

Keep your pants on mate, i wasn't saying that it's a consolation prize, but they had a good chance of taking it all, but when it really mattered, they choked. As usual.

And yeah, Ajax will be there, PSV probably too, but there's not much to expect from the both of em. You see, the point is that every time they have a 17 or 18 year old talent, some Italian, Spanish, or British manager comes along with a suitcase full of money, offers them an insane contract, and takes them home with him. And since the clubs overhere are not willing to pay footballplayers salaries of 100.000€ per month, or sometimes even more, we see them all leave to clubs abroad. Ajax will be champions, but 6 or 7 of the players who won that title, won't be there anymore next season. That's the story of our life.

Lanesra 04-26-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Arsenal finally won a trophy. But after the unfortunate loss in the FA cup, and their very poor CL performance, it must be a trophy which leaves kind of a sour taste. It was written all over Wenger's face when i saw him on TV. Winning the Premiership was the least they could do, but there was so much more for them this season.

Anyway, congrats Donut, a title well deserved. That gap of 9 hours you have, is something i'm quite familiar with myself. Don't worry, it's supposed to be like that. :D

Tell me johnny, when was the last time we never won a trophy ? and as for choking we lost in 2 games to our nearest rivals by 1 goal, in a 2 week period where we had to play a ridiculous amount of games. are all the other teams around the world that haven't won a treble chokers, dont think so. Anyway I danced and sang in the streets of highbury into the early hours of monday morning, so that tells you how dissapointed I am at only winning the league.As for the two teams we lost to, well they haven't won anything yet, would they have settled for 'only' winning the league ?

Lord 04-26-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
Something happened yesterday - what the hell was it?
You got drunk ;)

Davros 04-26-2004 06:10 PM

Just a pity "the scum" got a late equalising penalty. Still, now it means we have won more Championships at WHL now than they have :D .

Go the Gunners [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Where is Mario?

johnny 04-26-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lanesra:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

Tell me johnny, when was the last time we never won a trophy ? and as for choking we lost in 2 games to our nearest rivals by 1 goal, in a 2 week period where we had to play a ridiculous amount of games. are all the other teams around the world that haven't won a treble chokers, dont think so. Anyway I danced and sang in the streets of highbury into the early hours of monday morning, so that tells you how dissapointed I am at only winning the league.As for the two teams we lost to, well they haven't won anything yet, would they have settled for 'only' winning the league ? </font>[/QUOTE]Well, last season comes to mind, when Arsenal was playing fantastic football all year long.... until a few games from the end when they threw away everything, and practically gave ManU the championship on a silver platter. And how about Arsenal's European adventures ? Don't you agree that this particular team could have done a lot better than they did so far ? You may try to convince me you're satisfied and all, but i think were i an Arsenal fan, i would be seriously pissed with all the missed opportunities in the championsleague. I guess they lack the killersmentality to go all the way.