Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Man, Is It Ever Snowing! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84297)

Albromor 02-16-2003 08:01 PM

I don't want to say there is a lot of snow falling here in South Jersey, but I swear that when I looked out my front door I thought I saw a Yeti being pursued by a pack of Winter Wolves. This is a night to watch old movies, under blankets, as the Nor'Easter howls outside. I think I'll play a little Divine Divinity as well. So, all you snow bound people, what did you do to pass a truly genuine winter's night?

Ladyzekke 02-16-2003 08:32 PM

*raises hand* "Hi, I'm a Snowbound Person" :D

Man, it's been blizzarding all day today, we have a good foot and a half right now, and it's not stopping. 35 mph winds. Can't imagine the snowdrifts tomorrow LOL. I'm just wondering when this is all going to stop. First "they" said it would stop by noon tomorrow, now "they" say it may continue to Tuesday. Our street hasn't even seen a plow once yet either. I've been at home since Thursday because I also came down with the Flu, so at this point I'm starting to get a little sick of being indoors going nowhere. What to do during these snowbound times? Dunno, play a game, read a book, try to find something on TV (this is when cable is golden!), sleep, get drunk for fun, walk out in the snow on your front lawn draped in a white blanket and yell "I AM THE SNOWQUEEN!" (or King if you prefer). ;) :D

Jeffi0 02-16-2003 09:21 PM

I wish we had a blizzard. Haven't had a snow day in years. :(

*grumbles about the lousy efficient snow plowing*

Sir Taliesin 02-16-2003 09:57 PM

<font color=orange>You all are getting the same system that has been dumping all kinds of rain on us since Friday morning rush hour. The 6:00 newscast tonight said some areas around Knoxville had received between 5" and 7" of rain in the last 48 hours. I think the Airport received something like 4" to 5" inches of rain! We are water logged here! Had some serious flooding this morning. Had a mud slide take out three apartment buildings early this morning.
I'm over it now! Getting tried of having to wipe the mud off the dogs when I bring them in. Like to see some sunshine!</font>

Lord of Alcohol 02-16-2003 10:07 PM

we have a stinking (read prfanity) ice storm. Already cant get out of driveway, yet another day of work lost. F Mother Nature, I want to kill her. Chop her head off and feed it to goats. Not that I'm mad or anything [img]smile.gif[/img]

antryg 02-16-2003 10:20 PM

There were some snowflakes on my windshield this morning. It was so horrible that I had to use my windshield wipers so that I could see. Thank God the streets were dry and free of snow and ice or I wouldn't have been able to make it in to work. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

You winter people can remember this post this summer when I'm complaining about the heat melting the brick on my house. I know you'll want to share the love then.

Jeffi0 02-16-2003 10:41 PM

Wow. Did they bricks really melt? Fascinating. :eek: Our shingles started bubbling during the summer because it was so hot. So much for the 30 year complete warranty... Should sue their pants off. :(

Night Stalker 02-17-2003 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ladyzekke:
*raises hand* "Hi, I'm a Snowbound Person" :D :D
*respond in chorus* "Hi Snowbound Person" [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I remember why I left VT now! States of Emergency are being instated all up n down the East Coast due the "Blizzard" (beware the Orcs and Night Elves....). You Canadians and New Englanders would shake your heads in disdain .... [img]graemlins/headshake.gif[/img]

[ 02-17-2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Night Stalker ]

Harkoliar 02-17-2003 12:04 AM

Quote:

I don't want to say there is a lot of snow falling here in South Jersey, but I swear that when I looked out my front door I thought I saw a Yeti being pursued by a pack of Winter Wolves. This is a night to watch old movies, under blankets, as the Nor'Easter howls outside. I think I'll play a little Divine Divinity as well. So, all you snow bound people, what did you do to pass a truly genuine winter's night?
i wish i could do that with my gf [img]smile.gif[/img] too bad it doesnt snow in Philippines, South East Asia :( .

Yorick 02-17-2003 01:32 AM

It's a blizzard here in NYC. Very very wonderful, exciting and beautiful. I went for a walk in it earlier tonight. Exhilarating to be walking in nature as it throws itself on you like that. The cold wind is bracing. Awesome!!