Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lost civilizations (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80811)

K T Ong 08-23-2002 03:58 AM

Do you think there actually exist certain civilizations situated in places utterly inaccessible to the rest of the world today? Perhaps deep in the Atlantic Ocean (Atlantis or Lemuria), hidden in the Himalayas (Shambhala), deep underground beneath the Mayan ruins or Egyptian pyramids, or whatever? With highly advanced technology that would seem like magic to us perhaps?

What do you think? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Moni 08-23-2002 04:15 AM

Highly advanced technology huh...like they are not aliens that fly them there ships, they's just smarter folk than us? I suppose it could be possible.

As far as Atlantis goes, I think it existed and that it was perhaps an advanced civilization for its time but like some of the other civilizations (Mayan and Aztec) that no longer exist today, either mankind or nature has made history of them.

K T Ong 08-23-2002 04:28 AM

It's certainly fun just to entertain the possibility that they do exist, and to imagine what they would be like -- whether they really have super-advanced technology etc.

Moni 08-23-2002 04:31 AM

Oh most definitely! And until theory can be disproven, the possibility remains! :D

Deathbringer 08-23-2002 04:40 AM

<font color="00cc99">Didn't the Bible say that two huge cities sunk beneath the Red Sea? Anyway, Astronauts took photos of the Red Sea from space and they found two strange landmasses under the Red Sea! Unfortunately they haven't been able to identify them yet because the red sea has 3 times the amount of salt in it than other oceans so the pressure is 3 times worse, plus the Israeli and Egyptian governments wont allow anyone down there.</font>

edit: oops font colour [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-23-2002, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

K T Ong 08-23-2002 04:44 AM

Don't think the inhabitants of these two cities would be alive anymore, would they?

Sure makes you wonder what actually happened to the two cities -- if indeed there were those two cities as the Bible mentioned, that is...

Deathbringer 08-23-2002 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by K T Ong:
Don't think the inhabitants of these two cities would be alive anymore, would they?

Sure makes you wonder what actually happened to the two cities -- if indeed there were those two cities as the Bible mentioned, that is...

<font color="00cc99">lol, no I don't think the people would still be alive :rolleyes:

Damn, if I had a bible in my house I'd look up those cities for you.
The amazing thing is, is that the Red Sea is so concentrated with salt that the whole sea floor is completely flat and covered with salt, so why would there be two large land masses? Another strange point is the fact that the land masses are posistioned exactly where the two cities were in the bible.</font>

Deathbringer 08-23-2002 05:40 AM

<font color="00cc99">Okay the two cities I was talking about are called 'Sodom' & 'Gomorrah', if your interested.</font>

K T Ong 08-23-2002 06:46 AM

I already know. Lot and his wife were asked to leave Sodom and not turn back to look. But Lot's wife did -- and became a pillar of salt. Right? ;)

There seem to have been some people who speculated that the two cities were destroyed by nuclear explosives. Interesting...

[ 08-23-2002, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: K T Ong ]

Deathbringer 08-23-2002 07:44 AM

<font color="00cc99">Yeah that sounds about right.
Nuclear explosives?!! Wow that is interesting.</font>