Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Restarters Anonymous (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92460)

ElfBane 12-09-2004 02:13 PM

Didn't know where to put this, so I chose GD.
Is anyone else out there a chronic restarter of games? I may only finish 60% of the games I buy,, I'm always building a party/character.. going to about level 4 to 6,, the party doen't *feel right*, and restarting. Does anyone else out here in IW land do this too? Just wondering.

Link 12-09-2004 02:16 PM

Well I do tend to try out a lot of games, but I always finish all of them. The only game I haven't finished *yet* is Emperor, Battle for Dune. But that's solely because my computer caused the game to crash deleting my save games, and I haven't installed it ever since. Same goes for Morrowind now that I think of it.

I've finished Baldur's Gate + TotSC, Baldur's Gate 2 + ToB, Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne, Neverwinter Nights, Total Annihilation, KotOR, Oni, Age of Empires 2 + The Conquerors.

Bozos of Bones 12-09-2004 02:17 PM

Yes. I do it mostly after beating the game for the first time, then doing it for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... and sometimes, when I see I've completely botched a char, I restart in the middle of it.

Jorath Calar 12-09-2004 02:48 PM

I usually try to finish the games first (although I have lot of games I never finished) but then I love trying out diffrent characters, I probably have around 30-40 characters in my NWN folder... few above 4th level... [img]smile.gif[/img]

philip 12-09-2004 03:04 PM

I've only finished BG2 SoA, HotU and Harry Potter so far :D I was quite some way in BG1 but I quit it, installed it just some time ago. I also was pretty far in SoU, Caesar III, Commandos II, Commandos behind enemy lines, Civilization Call to Power, Empire Earth, Patrician, Age of Wonders, Police Quest SWAT 2, Hidden & Dangerous. I also have Europa Universalis but I didn't get far into it because it's so huge. I'd end up with so much to do and so little time I lost interest. But every now and again I feel like installing it and playing cause it's really fun.

Maybe I should buy some new games. New for me but they're pretty old now. I think I saw thief 1 and 2 for like $3.5 over here and commandos destination Berlin for about the same. But well I don't know how much I can miss now cause it seems it'll be a pretty expensive month(/s)

armageddon272 12-09-2004 03:26 PM

i dont do that, there has never been a game i have owned that i havn't beaten (unless you count Hardtruck, but thats no fun and doesn't have an end really). my uncle al though, will play the hardest map on Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Gold on impossible difficulty with the most unlikely started castle and will restart every few turns if he thinks he did something wrong. i respect him for that determination. but i dont think he ever beat that map.

krunchyfrogg 12-09-2004 04:32 PM

I've had BGII w/ ToB for about a year now, and still haven't finished it b/c I always restart.

Xen 12-09-2004 04:35 PM

I used to restart my BG2 games 45441 per minute. Now this is over. Back then I was a newbie.

Q'alooaith 12-09-2004 04:47 PM

Bloodlines, I must have restarted fifteen times so far and now I'm stuck I want to start but don't want to pick a clan because I want to play them all at the same time..

D`oh

the only other game I've not finished due in part to constant restarting is lionheart legacy of the crusader, though it's more a gameplay thing than a restart thing with that one.

Ilander 12-09-2004 05:00 PM

I have TONS of games that I started and didn't finish. It took me well over a year to finally find a character that I liked to run through BG 1 with. BG2 I haven't completed. ToB I certainly haven't completed. NWN is waiting on me to get a decent computer, as is KotOR, and Morrowind for that matter.

I have a problem finding characters I like, really...