Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Diablo II Hell Strategies (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65916)

KDogRex 12-01-2003 12:53 PM

Anyone still playing D2? recently pulled it out and blew the dust off it. Found it to be a blast all over again! However, once I get into Hell difficulty, I'm toast to even the most mundane uniques wandering around. Any tips on how to make a good run at Hell difficulty level? I'm playing a Barbarian currently, but have a Paladin that I'm working up from the bottom with.

dplax 12-01-2003 01:45 PM

I played a paladin until hell Act 4 and my tactic with bosse was, that if they were lightning enchanted I did not touch them, otherwise they were quite easy. Even physical immune ones go down fast to vengeance.

Blind_Prophet 12-01-2003 03:23 PM

First question is what lvl is your char? Second is what kinda gear you using? Cause you really don't wanna start hell before lvl 70 i usally baal run till 73-75 now and for gear do some nightmare meph runs to get a lil better gear if you don't have anything great right now, and for barb use a shield if you are using a 2 handed only weapon go for a 1 hand or 2 hand that can use a sheild too. All else Fails just msg me account is sublimexx and i will try and help if i can.

KDogRex 12-01-2003 04:00 PM

That could be part of my problem. I started trying to tackle it at abouy lvl 55 or so, and got absolutely nowhere. So I went back to the Plateau ot continue lvling up. So I need to be in the 70's before I can really start to feel confident tackling Hell lvl? Thanks, I'll do that. Plus, I have been dual wielding (Whirlwind rocks, I think)

Blind_Prophet 12-01-2003 05:06 PM

Also for faster lvling make public nightmare baal runs gets you to lvl 70 fast ;) yeah dual weilding makes you get hit alot more with no block %

Kakero 12-01-2003 05:48 PM

you dual wield? then use frenzy. put lots of IAS items with you. this means you need to kill things faster than they can hit you. ya speeeeeeeeeeed man. :D

btw, it's much faster to level up in baal run.

Assassin 12-01-2003 08:50 PM

I've heard that Whirlwind is almost useless now in Hell, because it easts up durability like no one's business.

dplax 12-02-2003 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
First question is what lvl is your char? Second is what kinda gear you using? Cause you really don't wanna start hell before lvl 70 i usally baal run till 73-75 now and for gear do some nightmare meph runs to get a lil better gear if you don't have anything great right now, and for barb use a shield if you are using a 2 handed only weapon go for a 1 hand or 2 hand that can use a sheild too. All else Fails just msg me account is sublimexx and i will try and help if i can.
I think it would depend on character class also, since my paladin was quite happy until the chaos sanctuary with level 64.