Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   GW - Nightfall : initial thoughts? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91000)

Dave_the_quack 10-29-2006 07:03 PM

So, boys and girls, what is everyone's inital feelings towards Nightfall?

IMO - Much better than Factions, perhaps even Prophecies. I'm not very far in as yet but I'm liking the layout a lot more than dirty old Cantha.

Bozos of Bones 10-29-2006 09:52 PM

Godlike. I'm playing through with a couple of my guildies, trying for Protector and Explorer on the play-through. We're on Ventrilo, and every once in a while someone goes "Wow... My god this is beautiful" or "Wow! That guy looks AWESOME" and stuff like that. I just did "the party" mission. I really didn't expect something like that in Guild Wars. It's just really really really good. Seriously, I think we've found The Game. The combat, the story, the characters(that have depth and good voiceacting), the scenery... everything is perfect.

T-D-C 10-30-2006 04:32 AM

Yeah it is fantastic. I am loving this and Can't wait to get my bananna scythe!!!!!

Drakes on the Plain!!!!

Garnet FalconDance 10-30-2006 07:31 AM

Waaaaaa! I dun' wanna wait til later (was thinking Yule)! I want my copy now!

Garnet FalconDance 10-30-2006 07:26 PM

It's all y'all's fault! I went ahead and bought NF today ;) .

T-D-C 10-30-2006 08:12 PM

Let us know how you go with that!!

Luvian 11-01-2006 10:37 PM

It.s been pushed even farther out on my list! :(

I finally got the Xbow 360 but now I need a second controller...

Garnet FalconDance 11-02-2006 08:22 AM

I'm with Dave.......much, *much* better than 'dirty ol' Cantha'!

Tried the first major mission (the Diggings) last night with heros. Stupid mistake. They're better than Alesia-the-tank-wannabe, but we still fell. I now know how to do it, so at least when I go in for a repeat, I'll succeed ;) .

Overall, a grade of B so far. (leaves room for the improvement I know is coming [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Mouse 11-02-2006 12:39 PM

Loving it so far, but taking it slowly. Just had to go and cap Searing Flames for my ele though :D

T-D-C 11-02-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
I'm with Dave.......much, *much* better than 'dirty ol' Cantha'!

Tried the first major mission (the Diggings) last night with heros. Stupid mistake. They're better than Alesia-the-tank-wannabe, but we still fell. I now know how to do it, so at least when I go in for a repeat, I'll succeed ;) .

Overall, a grade of B so far. (leaves room for the improvement I know is coming [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Make sure you use your command flags to keep them in place or set the heros to aggressive, defensive or passive.