Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Iron golems (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22388)

teval 01-16-2002 03:11 PM

after fight those iron golem i finnaly killed them

and they was real thought indeed .

any motr then e who have some prb against them let me know .

teval

Odec 01-18-2002 12:50 PM

*Wonders what he means*

teval 01-19-2002 03:07 PM

Iron golems at iron wind dale are so hard to kill .

I been try to kill them fore 4 days and when i finnaly killed those 2 i was so happy.

I most say they are thought to kill.

even fore my 6 party members i was have ahuge problem to kill them .

mrdennison 01-20-2002 11:32 AM

It took me one try on the Golems, but right now i'm stuck fighting the luremaster and his crew of ghosts. This is the battle that will prevent me from beating the game. All my characters have +4 or 5 weapons and over level 20. arghhhhhhhh...

Micah Foehammer 01-20-2002 11:49 AM

Try this:

Buff up with every conceivable protection spell you can think of before you enter the portal. Prot from Evil, Prayer, Recitation, Courage, Hope, Prot from Fire, Prot from lightning, magic resistance, and Entropy shield for those that can cast it. Then use potions of speed (not haste!). The battle is a long one and haste will leave your party fatigued before you finish the fight. Then enter the portal.

Right before the Luremaster appears, give your party instructions to scatter! Send them off in various directions to the right and left. This way, any dispel magics will at worst affect one or two characters when the spectral mages pop in! If you can, try to target the Luremaster with ranged weapons but that's only an added bonus if it works.

When the spectral heroes pop in - get right into their faces! try to take out the spectral mages first (upper left and upper right corners) as their dispel magics can be devastating. Ignore the luremaster! He's mostly going to pop around with those annoying dimension doors and the heroes are the more immediate threat! As the spectral heroes go down, take the freed up party member and double up on the remaining ones.

You should be able to take out the heroes in short order. That leaves the luremaster himself. Switch to ranged weapons and take him out! One dirty trick you can use is to start dumping death fogs and spike growths around the perimeter of the room. The luremaster hardly even teleports into the center of the room, so use that to your advatange! stay in the center, spread area effect spells around the perimeter and wail away with ranged weapons! He's stubborn but he will go down!

This worked for me on Heart of Fury mode. [img]smile.gif[/img] Long fight but very rewarding.

teval 01-22-2002 02:58 PM

raised 5 fire golem and one stalker .

And used my fighter with a +3 axe with iron golem kill+ on it have to see what the stats was on it cant that in head .

It took My fighter 8 bleu bottles and 4 haste to kill booth Iron golems.

and i killed the sorcher with old trusty firebaal.

Yeah My main weapon trow the game have been my firebaal sen i recived that in a scrol and was able to written it down to sorcher .

I completet the How today and sit now and think about Down load the free expansion .

Teval
Ranger of the Woods

Christopneuma 01-22-2002 03:19 PM

Teval my opinion , is that you must d/l TOTL it is fun and really challenging , i reckon your final fight in totl will be the hardest you will ever encounter throughout all of iwd , just a thought

Durwyn 01-22-2002 05:24 PM

Get some web spells on him. Something that will make him freeze for a while. Then kill him ;) .