Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help with Bridge district murders *SPOILERS* (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14352)

Jaradu 11-05-2003 03:56 PM

Ok, so far I have done the following:
-Told Aigsfield of Mrs Cragmoon practicing magic in Athkatla
-Told Aigsfield about the elephant hide and smell of leather (He has gone to interrogate Rejiek)
-Exposed Rejiek + found Aigsfield's corpse + found rendezvous note
-Met man in Umar Hills and told him his name

To finish the armour, and to keep up my false identity, I have agreed to get the blood of a silver dragon. What I'd like to know is: Where would I find one? Ise he suggesting that I should kill Adalon and give him the blood in chapter 6?

masteraleph 11-05-2003 04:44 PM

Precisely.

Faceman 11-05-2003 04:44 PM

There is only one Silver Dragon in the game and you are correct that it is Lady Adalon. However only the most evil characters would kill a creature of such beauty and goodness.
-
What you may still want to do
SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Get Aegisfields body to the Government building to receive a reward for solving the murders.

Jaradu 11-05-2003 04:57 PM

Thanks very much [img]smile.gif[/img] , but I have 3 more questions:

1) Could neutral evil characters (ie. Viconia) wear it, or just chaotic evil?
2) Do you lose a rep point for killing adalon?
3) I read somewhere that if you do not follow your alignment, there will be consequences.... such as?

Faceman 11-05-2003 05:05 PM

1) it's wearable for all evil characters (lawful, chaotic, neutral)
2) I don't think so, but don't take my word for it, I honestly don't remember.
3) There will not be consequences in SoA other than the common ones (reputation, etc.).
HOWEVER
If you are planning to continue to ToB you'll have to roleplay your alignment (if good or neutral) at the end of the game or there will be consequences (spoiler highlight to read<font color=#3D2F1B>good or neutrals will change to Neutral Evil if acting in an evil way at the end of the game</font>)

ryaldin 11-06-2003 09:48 AM

On a similar note, how does one determine the proper name to say to the hidesman's contact? I've never been able to decipher the note, and have always had to guess and reload.

Faceman 11-06-2003 10:12 AM

The decryption is based on the name of the guy you met at the lowest level of the tanner's house: Vellin Dahn
However, even if you don't know that there's one sentence in the note that immediately gives it away considering the possibilities you get to choose from later.
Quote:

The entire last of my first is the last of his first, except the first one of these is the first of my last.
This states that the end of his first name (starting with the fourth letter) starts with the same letter as the last name.
So all you have to do now is look for a selectable name where this applies.
The only name with that feature is Dar<font color=#FFFFFF>c</font>in <font color=#FFFFFF>C</font>ole

drew_jarvie 11-08-2003 06:04 PM

Cunning... Like a fox. i didnt get that riddle either well done to you fpr getting it. I too was stuck for where to find the dragons blood but y'all have answered the questions. I thank you