Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Rotating Room Not Rotating (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102552)

UncleJoe 12-28-2015 04:42 PM

Rotating Room Not Rotating

Hi! Back at it again (well, it IS a great game and worth replaying!!!) but with a new problem. I'm in the sunken city, (Collasium) and all is going well until I reach the rotating room, which now does not rotate. Used the glow-stones again and again, but no good. I've actually replayed this quest from the start several time, but it always stops there. No idea what's happening.

Using WinXP, SP3, nothing unusual about this computer, it's fairly old but it works. Can't remember what else you need, but I doubt if it's my system since all other parts of the game work just fine.

PS: Hello Wyvern! Happy New Year!

Shadow Stranger 12-28-2015 08:22 PM

Re: Rotating Room Not Rotating

Have you *finished* the game on your current computer? Presumably W&W is Windows 98, there might be need for a Compatibility Wizard, (right-click the W&W program when in Windows Explorer).
Try taking all Glowstones out of the keyholes. Put them in and take them out. Look for levers too.
I forget how this works exactly...

I can take a look at it soon.

UncleJoe 12-29-2015 07:37 PM

Hi Shadow. I'm playing in WinXP with compatibility set at Win98. Not sure what you mean by "finished" the game. This game is not finished since I can't continue past that point in the second-to-last quest. I've finished the game several other times, but not this time. Yes, I've removed and reinserted the glowstones many times, to no avail. Even started the quest over from scratch several time. Same results. Looked for levers; none to be found. At the moment I'm thinking of re-installing the game, but also hoping there is an easier way.

Shadow Stranger 12-29-2015 09:20 PM

There is a thread about your problem, go back to 1/1/2010.

UncleJoe 12-30-2015 11:49 AM

OK Shadow, I'll try that, -IF - you'll tell me how to get to that date. Looked around, don't see a way to find anything by date. Thanks!

Shadow Stranger 12-30-2015 08:23 PM

I added a post to that topic to move it up to today, it is the "colaseum round room not turning" topic.

Generally, look in the lower left corner of the main W&W page. You will see
"Display Options"
"Showing threads # to # of #"
"Sorted By" "Sort Order" "From The"
"Show Threads"

Now, using the dropdown arrow to the right of "From The", choose "Beginning".
Then click on "Show Threads" to actually make the topics appear.

UncleJoe 12-30-2015 08:54 PM

Ok Shadow, I've tried everything in those posts and nothing works. I've gone back to the point where I jumped in the water and swam down to the entrance, entered, and went through the whole drill again (3 times!!!) - same problem. Next I'll try going back to where I got in the boat to search for the city. If that fails, I think I'll reinstall the game. Thanks anyway!

Wyvern 12-31-2015 09:53 AM

Wow!! Actual activity on the forums!! That's super!!!

Sorry that you're experiencing problems, Uncle Joe!! That rotating room causes problems in the past too. Hope reinstalling the game will manage to get it unstuck for you!!

Wyv =^..^=

UncleJoe 01-07-2016 09:22 AM

Well, starting over at the point where I found the boat and began my search for the underwater city did not help. Reinstalling seems to be the only option left but I'm reluctant to begin that process. Maybe later. Meanwhile, thanks to all for the help.

Shadow Stranger 01-08-2016 02:52 AM

If you want, you can Attach your save file to your post and I can have a look at it...