Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   If you can come face to face with anybody in Ironworks (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87347)

Sythe 08-14-2003 02:04 PM

who would you want to see?

I would like to see Xen why? because (s)he pops up in almost every topic I go to.

Dreamer128 08-14-2003 02:07 PM

Choc

[ 08-14-2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]

Cloudbringer 08-14-2003 02:14 PM

I think my list is too long to type out while at work! ;)

Just a word of wisdom: something like this might look like a popularity contest, why not make it who have you met in person or plan to meet soon? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen 08-14-2003 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sythe:
who would you want to see?

I would like to see Xen why? because (s)he pops up in almost every topic I go to.

1) I am a male.
Again i pop-out. :D
Check the Mics Games forums and IWD I and II forums. :D

I think everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]
OK. I think i would not like to meet [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] . They say that he can control you as a Zombie. :D Also the forums says:the number of [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] `s minions..."
Pretty scary stuff. :D

[ 08-14-2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]

Sir Exxon 08-14-2003 02:33 PM

<font color="gold">I'd like to meet Xen as well... so I could punch him for taking over my spamming-throne in the BGII-forum. :D
Incidently, I should point out that I was only kidding just now, to avoid any uncomfortable conflicts. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, I don't know. I have a too high number of close friends here to only pick one. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Xen 08-14-2003 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">I'd like to meet Xen as well... so I could punch him for taking over my spamming-throne in the BGII-forum. :D
Incidently, I should point out that I was only kidding just now, to avoid any uncomfortable conflicts. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, I don't know. I have a too high number of close friends here to only pick one. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

What? What did I do? I did not take your spamming throne away. Only borrowed it. :D

Sir Exxon 08-14-2003 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Exxon:

What? What did I do? I did not take your spamming throne away. Only borrowed it. :D </font>[/QUOTE]<font color="gold">Right. Tell me when you plan to give it back to me. :D </font>

Sythe 08-14-2003 02:47 PM

Less than an hour and already so many people posting ere.

Xen 08-14-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Xen:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Exxon:

What? What did I do? I did not take your spamming throne away. Only borrowed it. :D </font>[/QUOTE]<font color="gold">Right. Tell me when you plan to give it back to me. :D </font> </font>[/QUOTE]You can have it if you want.(The One Ring/Throne :D ). I have no need of it. :D
My only...my presceious... :D

Dreamer128 08-14-2003 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Just a word of wisdom: something like this might look like a popularity contest, why not make it who have you met in person or plan to meet soon? [img]smile.gif[/img]
We have no need for popularity contests here.. we all know I would win with ease, Right? Guys? Anyone? Hello, who just turned off the lights?

Reeka 08-14-2003 03:37 PM

Thus far, I have only met Bardan in real life. I have met a couple of friends of mine who are members of my forum. I have, however, spoken to more people on the phone: Bardan (of course), Yorrick, Bilqis, KDogRex. I guess the members that I talk to on the phone at least a few times a month are: Bardan (almost daily), JJ (a few times a month) and Ziroc (every couple of weeks or so)

Who would I most want to meet? I've already met him.

Cloudbringer 08-14-2003 03:51 PM

LOL! Awwww Dreamer, it's just a power cut, I'm sure nobody left sweet widdle you in the dark! :D

I've met and am marrying Nachtrafe...(does that count double? LOL :D ) and I talk to Saz and LadyZekke regulary. Have sporadic phone chats with Yorick (we were to meet in October of 2002, but 9/11 changed our plans ) and I've chatted with Sir Tainly a number of times, but being as how he's in England we've not met in person yet. I expect we will sometime in the next year or so. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd be afraid to meet most of the crazies at my forum...LOL ;) Nah, they're a great bunch and lots of fun! Over the years, I've also met many people in person from a mail list I've been on for over 6 yrs.

It's amazing how often 'real' life overlaps with online doings. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: I'd love to meet [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] ! He's the sweetest dictator...err.. cat...I know! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

[ 08-14-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Gangrell 08-14-2003 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
No chance of that Cloudy, I live in the one state that no one visits or has ever been to [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

People to meet... I don't know. I guess I'd like to meet Cloudy, Lady Zekke, Kaltia, and Xen because they're just good people :D

And of course Johnny boy to throw back a few cold ones [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Faceman 08-14-2003 04:04 PM

I'd not want to meet anybody because I'm devilishly hideous [img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
I hide behind my PC to stay anonymous and never leave my house.
Just kidding (about the never leaving part that is, I AM hideous)

I'd like to meet

Sir Exxon: because he was "the guy with all the answers" when I first joined the BG2 forum a year ago.
SixOfSpades: because he is the most valiant defender of true roleplaying
TimberLoftis: because I figure that someday I might need a good lawyer and judging from his post he ought to be one of the most eloquent persons I know (if IWF counts as knowing)

and a ton of others who surprise me every time I go to this forum.
Now I'm gonna say it again: NEVER have I witnessed a climate of discussion that civilized and reasonable yet witty and funny on ANY other online forum/chat/guestbook/...

[ 08-14-2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]

Xen 08-14-2003 04:07 PM

Looks like I`m quite popular. :D

johnny 08-14-2003 04:09 PM

Hey gangrell, drop by my house this weekend, we'll have a few cold ones. :D

Xen 08-14-2003 04:13 PM

He said Johnny Boy. He meant Jon Irenicus. Only he has that name.
Now our johnny is just johnny. :D And he likes beer. Count me in too. :D

Gangrell 08-14-2003 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Sounds like a plan buddy [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]

[ 08-14-2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]

Xen 08-14-2003 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

Sounds like a plan buddy [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]What about me? :D
[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] johnny and Gangrell! :D

Legolas 08-14-2003 04:26 PM

I'd like to meet this guy:
http://www.angelfire.com/realm/spijl/hunkilt.txt

Can't even remember the last time our local genie brought him out.

Xen 08-14-2003 04:27 PM

Legolas is he your friend? Can you introduce him to us? :D

Legolas 08-14-2003 04:31 PM

Well, I did ship him a kilt (as you can see) but we've never met in person. Hmm, that piece of cloth would mean the last time he got out of his cage was just after the Terrible Tartan Trio was formed but before we could strike a second time. Ah, it has been too long, I really must reunite the three clans one of these days...

[ 08-14-2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Legolas ]

The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin 08-14-2003 04:46 PM

I'd like to meet me, not seem him yet.
Though none of you will listen to me, I'm just a badger in a world of raccoons.

<font color="white">EDITED! THIS WAS NOT AMUSING and in case you weren't aware of it, such comments could get IW shut down! NEVER POST THAT YOU INTEND DOING BODILY HARM OR MURDER OF THE PRESIDENT!

Cloudbringer, moderator</font>

[ 08-15-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

SomeGuy 08-14-2003 05:10 PM

I wanna meet Horatio, so I can watch him run and so I can coach him and make him run laps if he doesn't listen to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Talthyr Malkaviel 08-14-2003 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Legolas:
Well, I did ship him a kilt (as you can see) but we've never met in person. Hmm, that piece of cloth would mean the last time he got out of his cage was just after the Terrible Tartan Trio was formed but before we could strike a second time. Ah, it has been too long, I really must reunite the three clans one of these days...
A sad, sad tale, no?

Legolas 08-14-2003 05:46 PM

And there is one of the lairds now. Surely you too can see that none but the oldest have a memory of the event, that we must yet again take to the field of battle side by side and show our younger brethern the path to freedom?
Though 'ere we do, we must find the Other, and once more win his support...

Talthyr Malkaviel 08-14-2003 05:53 PM

Aye, though as with many of the somewhat older set, his posting is at best sporadic. A most vexing problem.

Ladyzekke 08-14-2003 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

No chance of that Cloudy, I live in the one state that no one visits or has ever been to [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

People to meet... I don't know. I guess I'd like to meet Cloudy, Lady Zekke, Kaltia, and Xen because they're just good people :D
</font>[/QUOTE]Awww, how sweet! *HUGS* to Gangrell! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I myself have met in person Lord of Alcohol, Charlie and Epona so far. I have talked in person via netvoice or phone with Sir Tainly, Bilqis, Ramon, Turbovee, Turbovee's wife, Yorick, and of course Cloudy and Sazerac. [img]smile.gif[/img]

wellard 08-14-2003 07:25 PM

Well I have met Harkoliar

But I would like to meet our resident Genie, Memnoch because he owes me a meal [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

And after this weekend I would like to meet Davros because he will owe me some money ;) Go the swans eh Davros [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There are a lot of people here I would like to meet but Australia is pretty far away I guess :D *what ya mean, not far enough *

Kaltia 08-15-2003 04:01 AM

I've met Calaethis Dragonsbane twice; today is the third time.
We're going to see Pirates of the Carribean!

Memnoch 08-15-2003 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
Well I have met Harkoliar

But I would like to meet our resident Genie, Memnoch because he owes me a meal [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Yep, as soon as Harks gets back from the snow we'll have a PROPER catchup - and I'll try not to get trashed the night before. :D

Let's try and do it on a Monday night because that's when Leonis is free - we can grab dinner at Lotus - awesome place I went to last week (owned by Justin Hemmes from Establishment).

I've met Yorick and Harkoliar, and will soon be catching up with Leonis and Wellard as well (hopefully).

Ziroc 08-15-2003 04:47 AM

No one wants to visit me??? :( ;)

Donut 08-15-2003 06:56 AM

I'd like to meet Lanesra. In the Toll Gate pub at Turnpike Lane. On saturday. At 12.30 pm.

I'd also like him not to be late. I'd also like him to have a pint of cider waiting for me. I'd also like him to order me a Lamb Chilli Burger.

I've just realised! It's such a coincidence to have a pub called "The Toll Gate" in a place called Turnpike Lane! Spooky!

Attalus 08-15-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
I would. I was gonna post that, but I hadn't gotten to the bootom of the thread, yet. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] And Cloudy, Nacht, Wellard, Johnny, MagiK, Mysti, and Timber, my Oasis buddies.

Timber Loftis 08-15-2003 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ziroc:

I would. I was gonna post that, but I hadn't gotten to the bootom of the thread, yet. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] And Cloudy, Nacht, Wellard, Johnny, MagiK, Mysti, and Timber, my Oasis buddies. </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah. Add Mr. Hair-on-Fire, too. Too bad we're spread all over creation. :( Ziroc, you get to be an honorary Oasis member, for introducing us all (erm... and you *could* visit sometime). In fact, I'll let you have free massages and spa treatments for a day at <font color=green><h1>Bi-Temptation Island.</h1></font> :D :D

Timber Loftis 08-15-2003 10:11 AM

Quote:

Plus, you get overshadowed by Choc's popularity. I mean, really, who wants to meet Dooku whent they can go straight to Sidious, who wants to meet Spock when they can meet Kirk -- erm... perhaps bad examples, but you get the point. ;)

Attalus 08-15-2003 10:27 AM

LOL, I was gonna edit to add antryg, Saz, and LadyZ, and *anyone else I've forgotten.*

Davros 08-15-2003 10:31 AM

Well I am always happy to meet new people and happy indeed to catch up again one day with the few I have already met.

It is strange to thing that I have met up with so many from overseas (in order of meeting them we have Donut, Lanesra, Mouse, Yorick, Moiraine, Wolfgir, Melusine, Epona, and Sir Tainly) and yet so few from Australia (hugs to Aelia Jusa [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

I must stop off in Cockroach Country one day and even those lists out a bit - see Wellard Memsie and Leonis, and perhaps chat to one of Memsie's "Blonde Brigade" :D

Reeka 08-15-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Is that an invitation to drop by the next I am on my way the Sea World? : )

johnny 08-15-2003 11:12 AM

Quote:

Got any beer ? :D