Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   whats the deal with haleabus (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32438)

sagtattman 10-05-2003 11:32 PM

hi everybody yet again im stuck ive done the bit with the masque of evil and the 5 other bits gonedown to see if haleabus is still kicking an he is and anything i through at him is having no effect at all and he creams me IS THERE SOMETHING IVE MISSED any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated thanks sagtattman

Felix The Assassin 10-06-2003 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sagtattman:
hi everybody yet again im stuck ive done the bit with the masque of evil and the 5 other bits gonedown to see if haleabus is still kicking an he is and anything i through at him is having no effect at all and he creams me IS THERE SOMETHING IVE MISSED any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated thanks sagtattman
USE the force young one, USE, the force.
Just USE it. Once you have USEd it, then you can take him down.

Felix

Nanobyte 10-06-2003 01:18 AM

Indeed. There's something you must use beforehand, and he should comment on the device after you use it.

moiraine sedai 10-06-2003 02:48 AM

Or perhaps to GIVE something to someone... GIVE! GIVE!

GIVE!

OFF TOPIC... Sort of...

Hey look everybody! It's haleabus' brother, haleatrain! And his sister, haleacab!

Get it? I always found his name amusing...

Moiraine Sedai

LiOnHe@rT 10-06-2003 06:41 AM

hahahahaha, nice one wif the name moiraine!
and sagtattman, the device is something that you have EVIL-lised just a few game-minutes ago, it should haf an "!" in it's name.........now can u figure it out?

bsftcs 10-06-2003 09:48 AM

Moiraine is right. More often than not "using" the mask on Haleabus does not work. You then have to resort to "giving" the mask to him. Then he will yell something obscene at you. That is the sign that he is mortal and you can take him down. Watch out, though, he still has some potent spells to fall back on.

Bungleau 10-06-2003 03:01 PM

And over there is Haleabus' hard-to-find cousin... Haleawaiter! Never there when you need him, but always there when he wants [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img] :D

Wyvern 10-07-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by moiraine sedai:
Or perhaps to GIVE something to someone... GIVE! GIVE!

GIVE!

OFF TOPIC... Sort of...

Hey look everybody! It's haleabus' brother, haleatrain! And his sister, haleacab!

Get it? I always found his name amusing...

Moiraine Sedai

ROFL!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

MorgyDaMaus 10-07-2003 09:54 AM

You forgot his crime fighting brother, Haleacop, or his religious cousin, Haleapriest.

Morgy

CerebroDragon 10-08-2003 01:09 AM

I found Halemeatoss to be a very funny villain with his obligatory satan-esque backwards message voice. (Satan laughs as you etnerally rot!) S.L.A.Y.E.R
Seek, kill destroy! :D

I'll especially remember my first pathetic attempts to maim him withoout completing the vile and unholy ritual! Quite the brutal fiend, indeed. He made a nice quick toasty snack out of my naive party. But I gave out my revenge to be sure and unmasked his foul deeds! :D

Incidentally, did anyone try to prevent Ardibren from dying?
Its ironic that though he is seemingly mortally wounded from the werewolf (whom by that point in the game, I'd done away with) his health bar is still untouched. I tried to cast cure poison and all healing spells I had on him, but it wouldn't let me. It seems that it is the inevitable fate for some npcs to simply die! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thus, I've finished Castle Shurugeon and really enjoyed its heavy and sinister atmosphere. Currently, I'm wandering through the Stout Mines and have just met Raskallion by sheer accident. Quite disorienting down here!

Cheers,
CerebroDragon

[ 10-08-2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]