Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Debate on Homosexuality (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72924)

This is a debate which I hope will not involve deviation, spamming [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img] and fights.
I will ask the mods to close this topic if the discussion gets out of hand. [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img]

There was a splendid discussion on BBC Radio 4 last lunch time. It was a phone in debate where a range of views was presented.

The motion is:

" has society gone far enough to recongnising homosexuality " [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]

Although this debate will have different arguments at different parts of the world. But be that as it may and let it be an element of this debate.

In Britain, laws of allowed homosexuality in armies. Is this allowed in other countries? What does the bible say about it?

What are your views?

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Avatar ]

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Avatar ]</p>

Moiraine 01-09-2002 09:05 AM

Live and let live, is what I say.

Neb 01-09-2002 09:05 AM

Well, I've no problem with homosexuals, it's their choice entirely, if they want to be wed, no problem there either.

What I've got a problem with is when they want to have children, in my opinion they'll end up with a kinda strange view of the world since they'll have two mothers or two fathers, of course, so many who have had both a mother and a father end up like this as well, but that's just my point of view, feel free to ignore or flame it as you please.

Moiraine 01-09-2002 09:10 AM

Better, for a kid, to live with two people who love each other, or with a father and a mother who throw things at each other's head every day, or in an orphanage ?

WOLFGIR 01-09-2002 09:11 AM

I give you my view of it, the other things comes right now to too close to politics..

Most honest answer would probably be this, I don´t care enough to be bothered whether a person is gay or not, as long as he/she is happy and doesn´t harm anyone I don´t bother with it. They can live their lives as they like. I see this is a point in my "humanism" perception of life. They are people just like anyone else so why bother and make a big deal out of it? And yes, I think it (insert bad word here) that they are treated differently and being er how do you say it, prosecuted?? for their lifestyle or you know, treated unfair plain and simple..

Sir ReGiN 01-09-2002 09:11 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Neb:

What I've got a problem with is when they want to have children, in my opinion they'll end up with a kinda strange view of the world since they'll have two mothers or two fathers, of course, so many who have had both a mother and a father end up like this as well, but that's just my point of view, feel free to ignore or flame it as you please.
<hr></blockquote>

What would be strange about it?
See, it wouldn't be strange, it would be different, but I can't see why that would be a bad thing..

As Oscar Wilde said: (this might not be exact)

"we are not on this earth to air our prejudices. life is too short for that."

Neb 01-09-2002 09:25 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Moiraine:
Better, for a kid, to live with two people who love each other, or with a father and a mother who throw things at each other's head every day, or in an orphanage ?<hr></blockquote>

I suppose you've got a point there, but now consider this, either two fathers who love each other, or two mothers who love each other, or a father and a mother who love each other, which would you say would be best for the child?

WOLFGIR 01-09-2002 09:31 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Neb:

I suppose you've got a point there, but now consider this, either two fathers who love each other, or two mothers who love each other, or a father and a mother who love each other, which would you say would be best for the child?
<hr></blockquote>

Easy, ;) the ones that loves the kid!

adam warlock 01-09-2002 10:44 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

Easy, ;) the ones that loves the kid!
<hr></blockquote>

Yep and the kid that love their parents