Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Finnished game, want to know some things... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60135)

Musashi 11-26-2000 06:37 AM

The two real questions in my mind after finnishing this game are; how do I become a Valkyrie and where is the first zen master book? I guess those "books of creation" are for becoming a zen master, but I managed to miss the first Also, it's almost impossible to become a zen master without finnishing the game first, isn't that stupid?

Andreas

Wyvern 11-26-2000 11:25 AM

Congrats on finishing!

I think it was extremely disappointing to make two of the class ascentions only possible so very late in the game.
To become a Valkyrie - a FEMALE character has to place the heart of the lich in the black fire. When the female character that did this returns to the temple, she will be invited to become a Valkyrie.

Zen-Master - I believe I found the first tome/books of creation in the Serpent Temple. Couldn't tell you exactly where and I think it might be random or random within specific locations. Scronan would know, he's got lots of zenmasters!

Wyv

Taskmaster 11-28-2000 07:11 PM

Do you miss the TOME OF FIRE ?

Me too....it is in the Serpent Temple, just before this elevator maze after killing the "priestess". You need the skeleton key, and the time you passed this door first you haven´t got it....so, walk back and get the book....my prob is: I HAVE ALL BOOKS, BUT HOW DO I BECOME A ZEN MASTER ????

Help plz, after i have finished the game, i wanna know this finally !

Scronan 11-28-2000 09:10 PM

Yes Ukabu, you need for Tomes. Then say Shinwiki, walk into Bushi dojo!

Make sure give Tomes to other charcter before Master stop talking Ukabu. Get 6 Zenmasters.

You will kick butt, Ukabu.

Shinwiki

Astyanax12 11-29-2000 04:09 AM

OK, here's a question. How did you know about using the Tomes to become a Zen Master, and frying the Heart to become a Valkyrie? I only know 'cos I read the board. But does anyone in the game actually tell you? How would anyone who doesn't read the board figure this out?

Wyvern 11-29-2000 10:26 AM

Good question, Astyanax!
I never heard anyone in the game reveal this information. I admit I stopped going to the tavern altogether. They over charge and their ale is awful! (and they never ever told me something I didn't already know - so what was the point of that?)

Except for replay value - I still am really puzzled why two character ascentions were made only possible near the very end of the game. There were also a number of quests that seemed rather out of sequence to me as well. Just one of the aspects of the game I wish they had refined/improved.

Wyv

Serath 11-29-2000 10:31 AM

Mmmmmm......Ale

Serath

mark 11-29-2000 03:36 PM

I agree with the quests being out of order and the late ascension is a bummer. Did anyone figure out that once you ascend from priest to monk that you stop getting new Vine spells? If I had known that I would have put more of an emphasis on vine magic in the beginning. Now I am almost done and my best Vine spell is a level 5. It seems that the game is designed to sell help books.

Sazerac 11-29-2000 11:00 PM

Mark,

No kidding on the Vine Spells. The 7th level Vine spells aren't all that useful; you can get by without them, but the 6th level Cure and Breath of Air are lifesavers; especially Breath of Air when you get to Collasium. Since Monks can learn Vine at 1/2 total skill level, you can still get 6th level Vine spells...but you have to have a skill level of 12! Mega expensive.

Alternative: change your Monk after a while to Warlock...s/he can start learning Vine again at normal level, and still maintain the Monk skills and Bushi guild membership.

Sazerac