Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sad News concerning Timber (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102294)

Larry_OHF 12-11-2012 12:13 AM

Re: Sad News concerning Timber

Damnit. I was never close to him but I am hit harder with this news than I would have expected. On this website, every person becomes a member of a family who share something similar, and he's been around so long. I am sorry I never got to know him more...I am studying paralegal law in college right now and had it in the back of my mind to ask him for advice one day soon.
I am so sorry his family has been hit by this tragedy during the season when family togetherness is high-lighted.

I always wondered if TL was the most educated person on our forum.

Ziroc 12-11-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry_OHF (Post 1248874)
Damnit. I was never close to him but I am hit harder with this news than I would have expected. On this website, every person becomes a member of a family who share something similar, and he's been around so long. I am sorry I never got to know him more...I am studying paralegal law in college right now and had it in the back of my mind to ask him for advice one day soon.
I am so sorry his family has been hit by this tragedy during the season when family togetherness is high-lighted.

I always wondered if TL was the most educated person on our forum.

I agree. It was so shocking, and so sad. Every member is part of the Family.

Memnoch 12-11-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hivetyrant (Post 1248871)
It sounds crazy, but you're right, even though he was just another person on the Internet technically, this one hit close to home for some reason.

This one hit very close to home for me. I had numerous conversations with Timber when I was moderating the Current Events forum we had for a while, both in the forum and also in PM. I also had lots of chats with him about WoW when I was just picking up the game. Even though I hadn't spoken to him for a year or so it was still a huge shock - he was part of my "growing up" on the internet, and on IW.

It's kind of strange reading his posts now, because they still seem "immediate" even though they were posted years ago. As if he was still here with us, arguing his beliefs and his point of view.

Chewbacca 12-11-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memnoch (Post 1248876)
This one hit very close to home for me. I had numerous conversations with Timber when I was moderating the Current Events forum we had for a while, both in the forum and also in PM. I also had lots of chats with him about WoW when I was just picking up the game. Even though I hadn't spoken to him for a year or so it was still a huge shock - he was part of my "growing up" on the internet, and on IW.

It's kind of strange reading his posts now, because they still seem "immediate" even though they were posted years ago. As if he was still here with us, arguing his beliefs and his point of view.

I feel much the same way and couldn't find the words for those feelings until I read this.

Beaumanoir 12-11-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1248877)
I feel much the same way and couldn't find the words for those feelings until I read this.

Agreed. It's strange how much news like this can affect you, despite never meeting someone in person. I'm genuinely saddened by this news. Nothing can make this any easier, but perhaps remembering what he brought to us here. Sad, sad news.

Lord of Alcohol 12-11-2012 06:35 PM

Very sad thing, I always liked reading his posts. As others have said IW is a sort of family.

Wolf Rider2 12-12-2012 09:04 PM

Though I'm not on here very often, I remember reading a lot of posts by Timber. Very sad to hear.

John D Harris 12-13-2012 04:52 PM

HOLY HORSE MANURE I sure as Hale will miss the damn lawyer Ain't nobody could scrap like TL. Shite we scrapped on the same side and against each other so much. TL and I joined about the same time in 1998 with in a few weeks of each other. Hale's bells over the last few years I checked in pretty much only to see what TL was posting.

JD steps from the dugout walks slowly to the plate, knocking the dust from his cleets he digs his feet in, lifting the bat off his shoulder JD slowly raises his gaze to look at the familar pitcher mound now empty.... the day will come when once again I'll get to take your pitch downtown.

Rest in peace my friend

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-13-2012 07:23 PM

Timber as in Timber Loftis?

Oh my gosh; that's terrible! :(

Kakero 12-14-2012 07:06 AM

Oh s

Eventhough I don't know him in real life, things like this makes me feel sad. My deepest condolences to his family and love ones. :(