Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Bag of Holding - is this supposed to happen? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59339)

Staccato 11-26-2001 07:36 PM

<font color="#ffffff">
The last game I played, I loaded the bag with tons of items. Yes, I cheated but never finished that particular game. Anyway, I had tons of items in the bag... mostly swords and axes. I was basically testing out weapons and the like. Anyway, after a few saves, for some reason, the bag was completely empty!!

Is this normal?

Granted, The bag was being carried by an NPC in my group but he never died or dropped the bag so this shouldn't have happened, right?</font>

Aelia Jusa 11-26-2001 07:53 PM

This happened to my brother, because he had two bags of holding carried by the same person (pretty pointless actually because they're not cumulative ;) ). He had to reload. I think it's a bug :(

andrewas 11-26-2001 08:18 PM

aelia, bags of holding are cumulative. as in if you fill one, the other is still empty. the reason for having all your conatiners on one person is either soloing or being sensible and designating your highest-lore person to scavenge after battles so you can ID everything and keep it in order.

the issue that Stattaco is complaining about is a bug that was addressed in one of the patches.

the next traditional questin is "where to get the patch from", and my usual answer is "go to yahoo and look for it", but today im feeling generous and will tell you that is on www.bioware.com .

Aelia Jusa 11-26-2001 09:56 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrewas:
aelia, bags of holding are cumulative. as in if you fill one, the other is still empty. the reason for having all your conatiners on one person is either soloing or being sensible and designating your highest-lore person to scavenge after battles so you can ID everything and keep it in order.

<hr></blockquote>

No they're not. You don't get double the capacity if you have two bags of holding. Obviously you can carry a bag of holding, a scroll case, a gem bag etc, but there's no use carrying two of each, because you don't get twice the space.

Staccato 11-26-2001 10:03 PM

<font color="#ffffff">
Thanks andrewas, I'm sure the game will be much easier now! [img]smile.gif[/img]
</font>

Dundee Slaytern 11-26-2001 11:56 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
No they're not. You don't get double the capacity if you have two bags of holding. Obviously you can carry a bag of holding, a scroll case, a gem bag etc, but there's no use carrying two of each, because you don't get twice the space.<hr></blockquote>

? A scroll case enables you to store 20 scrolls in it, when you have 2 scroll cases, you can still store 20 scrolls each. Thus reducing 40 scrolls to 2 inventory slots.

Same logic applies to Bag of Holding/Gem Bag/etc... ...

Aelia Jusa 11-27-2001 12:19 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

? A scroll case enables you to store 20 scrolls in it, when you have 2 scroll cases, you can still store 20 scrolls each. Thus reducing 40 scrolls to 2 inventory slots.

Same logic applies to Bag of Holding/Gem Bag/etc... ...
<hr></blockquote>

*shrugs* Well, all I know is I had two bags of holding on the same person, both were full, I gave one to someone else and low and behold, I could put more stuff in both.

Dundee Slaytern 11-27-2001 12:34 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
*shrugs* Well, all I know is I had two bags of holding on the same person, both were full, I gave one to someone else and low and behold, I could put more stuff in both.<hr></blockquote>

That be weird, IIRC, Bag of Holding can hold 100 items.

Note, 40 arrows = 40 items.

Unless you downloaded the infinite Bag of Holding patch? That patch enables the ToB Bag of Holding to have unlimited space.

Aelia Jusa 11-27-2001 12:46 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

That be weird, IIRC, Bag of Holding can hold 100 items.

Note, 40 arrows = 40 items.

Unless you downloaded the infinite Bag of Holding patch? That patch enables the ToB Bag of Holding to have unlimited space.
<hr></blockquote>

Eef, I would have to be pretty simple to have two full bags of holding, give one to someone else, meanwhile downloading an unlimited bag of holding patch but forgetting I did so before putting more stuff in both bags. I don't think that's it ;)

Dundee Slaytern 11-27-2001 01:02 AM

Just covering all possibilities, ;) no matter how unlikely it may be.