Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Age Diffrence In a Relationship (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95963)

Jorath Calar 07-29-2004 08:45 PM

Just wondering what you guys think is "appropriate" age diffrence between couples... if you think that at all of course... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Illumina Drathiran'ar 07-30-2004 12:14 AM

It depends on how old the youngest one is. Ten years can mean nothing if they're thirty and forty... but if they're nineteen and twenty-nine...

The Hierophant 07-30-2004 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
It depends on how old the youngest one is. Ten years can mean nothing if they're thirty and forty... but if they're nineteen and twenty-nine...
I think you're spot on there Illumina! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've never been in a 'relationship' where the difference was more than a year or two. That's not to say age is a huge issue for me though, just that the people I meet/hang out with/get to know tend to be around my age.

Intrepid 07-30-2004 07:57 AM

between 10 and 15 percent

Jaradu 07-30-2004 08:32 AM

Generally, I aim for 0-1 years difference (and occassionally 2) because I am still young. As I get older, however, I will probably edge my way up to 5 years differenece. Still, that doesn't mean I don't think it isn't appropriate to go beyond that. Just... not too much.

Xen 07-30-2004 09:41 AM

Generally I am against any age diffrence but 20+ is still a little too much I think.

RoSs_bg2_rox 07-30-2004 05:41 PM

I think this poll needs to be redone. Illumina hit the nail on the head as to the reasons why.

Aelia Jusa 07-30-2004 05:52 PM

I don't necessarily agree, Ross. I think Illumina is right within a certain age difference, but I personally wouldn't seek a relationship with someone 20 years my senior at any age for instance, whether I was 20 or 60. I think the poll is fine as it is [img]smile.gif[/img]

My general rule for myself is, I ask 'what was this guy doing when I was born?' If he was in high school, that's too old ;)

Arledrian 07-30-2004 06:28 PM

Relationships are about mental and emotional wavelengths coupled with physical attraction, and those things aren't necessarily governed by something as straightforward as age. Obviously there are exceptions, but in general, I think once a person reaches adulthood, everything's wide open in terms of options. My girlfriend's four years older than me and it's working out fine. My ex before her was seven years older. Age doesn't gauge compatibility. Chemisty is chemistry.

Jorath Calar 07-30-2004 08:27 PM

Well my reason for this poll is I just heard something very disturbing, a guy here in my town, one year older than me (which makes him 30) is "dating" a 16 years old girl. That to me borders on a crime I think.

I am very sensitive about this kind of thing.
The biggest diffrence I had was 6 years (her 21 and me 27) and at first it was very strange, as much as I liked her I felt a bit old for her... but we talked about it and she told me she didn't care and since it was so I was not going to ruin it.