Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   [ALERT] ---> The "Ironworks" name is here to stay! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82105)

Ziroc 10-25-2002 03:25 AM

As all of you know, I had gone into an agreement with another company (which was Microsoft Games) they wished to purchase the name for their Xbox games division, and call their new gaming company 'Ironworks Entertainment' or even 'Ironworks Gaming'.

Well, after sending in the contracts and talking with Microsoft, I figured at this point it was a done deal, and I started changing all the logos, and stuff to 'Escape Gaming'. Even registered the 2 new domain names!!

Well, A few days after I had sent in the contracts and domain name transfer contracts I get a call. 'They have decided that they don't want to use it' and that there was a 'Management change'.

I felt sick. Donna and I had SO many dreams of using the $45,000 for fixing up the house and adding lot's of stuff to it, and take a vacation--all gone. In 1 5 minute phone call.

Now, Microsoft did say, for my trouble of changing all the logos and having to change everything on my sites that they would compensate me for it. (A sum of $7000). It helps, but it won't get what I was dreaming of doing for this website. (A NWN Dedicated server, and hosting my own website at HOME). But, I am going to run my NWN mod on this machine at nights when I can. It'll be a daily thing soon too.

The GOOD thing is that we get to keep the awesome 'ole favorite IRONWORKS GAMING! :D But it still really hurts... I kinda feel like the guy that had the winning lotto ticket, then went to cash it and told it was a fake. heh.

Oh well. I AM glad to keep the Ironworks name. I really missed it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just wanted to say, since this didn't work out, we will still live off the donations we receive. the $7000 will be used to fix up the house and add a new roof to the house. So please remember to donate when you can, and Ironworks will be around for a long, long time still!

What will I do with Escape Gaming? Hmmm.. I don't know yet. I was thinking of starting a separate gaming site, with games that are not RPG's... but I plan to do something like this on Ironworks anyway. So.... I don't know yet.

So, to recap: www.ironworksgaming.com and www.ironworksforum.com are staying under my control. Microsoft has sent back the unsigned (by them) contracts and domain name doc's to me, so everything is safe for us.

I am now, re-continuing to do the upgrade to ironworksgaming's site--the new web design that I halted a few Months ago. Should be ready in a few weeks!! Lot's of surprises in store for you--some really cool stuff is coming!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Paladin2000 10-25-2002 03:41 AM

Damn Microsucks... always fooling around with people. I am sure almost all of us are somewhat happy that Ironworks is here to stay but I feel sad about your disappointment and the lost of 45K. Damn!

Nevertheless, we will support to donate some money to help to ease some of your burden.

Lord Starshadow 10-25-2002 03:41 AM

I'm sorry to hear that the deal fell through, Ziroc. When you've looked forward to something like that, and you've started to make plans and all, it is so frustrating to be let down. But hey! We're all here for you! Even though I'm very new to the forum, the community atmosphere is very prevelent, and everyone here will make sure everything turns out okay in the end.

At least they gave you some money for the inconvience. At the mention of Microsoft, I couldn't help but think of the Simpsons episode where Homer starts an internet company and Bill Gates comes to buy him out. Of course, instead of giving him money, he had his goons take out the desk. So, on the bright side, at least that didn't happen to you!

philip 10-25-2002 03:44 AM

Sorry to hear that Z, it really s#!%s.

[ 10-25-2002, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: philip ]

Mouse 10-25-2002 03:44 AM

Sorry to hear this, but let's look on the bright side.

1) You get to keep the name "Ironworks" as an asset

2) You have a new asset called "Escape Gaming"

3) You have 7k for your trouble.

All in all, not too bad a deal. Obviously you would have preferred the whole deal, but who knows, management might change again, and now you have two great names to sell [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Onwards and upwards!!

The Trickster 10-25-2002 03:54 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that Dan! You must be feeling really disappointed and angry. Mouse is right though, we can all look at the bright side of it...at least they gave you something for your trouble. I guess they didn't have to!

Ben.

250 10-25-2002 04:06 AM

pity pity pity!!!

I was hoping to see Xbox product with "Ironworks Gaming" on it, crap. stupid microsoft JUST lost a customer! damn you, Microsoft managers, if you are seeing this, you know you just lost something like 3000 customers (conservative estimation).

[ 10-25-2002, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]

johnny 10-25-2002 04:30 AM

Sorry to hear the deal is off Z, Major bummer, especially if you were really counting on that money. Maybe it's time for IW merchandise now, to help you out with the forum ?

The Trickster 10-25-2002 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Sorry to hear the deal is off Z, Major bummer, especially if you were really counting on that money. Maybe it's time for IW merchandise now, to help you out with the forum ?
An Ironworks Beer might sell well don't you think Johnny?

Warhammer 10-25-2002 04:37 AM

Sorry to hear that Z. But it would not surprise if they changed their mind *again* in a couple of months.