Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cars and Women (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86939)

Grendal 07-07-2003 01:52 PM

Anybody out there love their cars as much as their wives??? (or husbands for that matter!) My baby is a 78 Honda civic...So far I have changed the stock 1200 engine to a 1600 with a weber carb and 5 speed transmission...did the body work and painted it bright red...lowered it about 2 inches...pulled out the stock seats and put in seats from a 91 prelude. Its not the quickest thing around but I have had it up to 200 kmh...no small feat for a car that could only do about 90 when new! I love my car!

Lavindathar 07-07-2003 02:02 PM

<font color="cyan">I love my car so much! It's been featured on a website, and a local magazine, but its changed appearance a bit now, so I wont show you!!</font>

Arledrian 07-07-2003 02:09 PM

Well, I'll be the first to confess - I love my girl more than my car [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I find myself constantly having to fix it or take it somewhere to be looked at. There's always something - worn-out brake pads, screwed oil filters, flat tyres, crappy suspension - it becomes an expensive joke. Then there's speeding tickets; I pick them up all too easily, and having to watch my speedometer all the time isn't something I want to have to deal with. I do enjoy driving when there's an open road ahead of me and I haven't got any worries, especially if it's a nice day and there's a good song playing in my car. But tending to the mechanical side of things and constantly debating whether it'll get me from A to B overshadows the fun of it a lot of the time.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, is a lot simpler. Saying "get me a sandwich" is so much easier than dragging a '95 Hyundai to the garage after yet another worn-out fan belt :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Jan 07-07-2003 03:59 PM

Cars and women = bad combo (he he)!

Ok I'll run and hide now.

Beaumanoir 07-07-2003 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arledrian:

'95 Hyundai

<font color="cyan">There's your problem!!!

*Posted by Lavindathar on Beau's account*</font>

[ 07-07-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Beaumanoir ]

Grendal 07-07-2003 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Arledrian:

'95 Hyundai

</font>[/QUOTE]I was going to say the same thing but didnt have the heart!

Animal 07-07-2003 07:22 PM

My stable includes a 67 F100, 65 GTO, 92 Cherokee, a 71 Pantera, and a few other "projects."
Seems like every time, I step out of the house I'm buying a new project. I sold my '55 Vette a while back and picked up the Pantera. Well, now that's almost done.
But no matter how many cars I bring home, none of the ones I have complain. Can't say that about women. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Animal 07-07-2003 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Arledrian:

'95 Hyundai

</font>[/QUOTE]I didn't think Hyundai's could break the speed limit. :D

That's not a car, it's a vehicle. There's a BIG difference. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Arledrian 07-07-2003 07:26 PM

But Lav - you drove a Peugeot 205! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And you others - try being nineteen and having no budget [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 07-07-2003 08:25 PM

<font color="cyan">Sorry about the really bad picture, the good quality one was 500kb!

http://www.arcdelta.com/bradcar.jpg

Thats my car!!!!

Ford Fiesta
XR2i Front & Rear Bumper
Ford Mondeo Estate Spoiler (it's huge!!)
OZ Polaris Alloys
Clear Side Repeaters
Various Decals
Colour Coded Interior
Excellent Sound System (2x180watt Pioneer Rear Speakers,2x110watt Kenwood Front Speakers,1x500watt Pioneer Sub,1x500watt Kickers Amplifier,1x350watt SPLX Amplifier, 1x Sony Head Unit with 4x50watt Amplifier)</font>

[ 07-07-2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]