Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Multiplayer and A new Multi/Single Party (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59078)

Ares 11-17-2001 11:06 PM

I'm going to start a new Multi game with myself with these chars.

Molly - Sorceress
Joey - Fighter (maxed out from previous games)
Dergalph - Cavalier
Aerie - Cleric/Mage
Anomen - Fighter/Cleric

I want to make another char but i dont know what to make him/her. Any suggestions?

And why wont GSA work for me? It never connects to any games and i cant start any..Whats up? (Memnoch hopefully will know this one) :D

Sir Exxon 11-18-2001 05:50 AM

I dont know a good name, but you definetly need a thief.

Galadria 11-18-2001 06:28 AM

I agree with my comrade, Sir Exxon. If you don't have a thief, you're going to set off a LOT of traps.

Ares 11-18-2001 09:21 PM

But i HATE thiefs..they're pretty much useless to me. Any more responses? I was thinking about another sorcerer..maybe another Tank too?

Barloc 11-18-2001 09:32 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ares:
But i HATE thiefs..they're pretty much useless to me. Any more responses? I was thinking about another sorcerer..maybe another Tank too?<hr></blockquote>

you hate theives? you're going to have to knock (spell) on all locked chests, run over dangerous traps, no picpocketing good items (such as ribald for ring of regen), no cheesy traps :D ...

try a mage theif or something

Ares 11-19-2001 09:12 AM

hum...i just made another sorcerer...with 120 hp!! she has 92 stat points all together. I have an awesome fighter thats lvl 19 and has save throws up the gazoo. Traps arent that bad and with 2 sorc's, i can cast knock all the time. I am a firm believer in resting after every major battle (think Firkraag and any battle with high lvl Mages) Thiefs just dont work for me, sorry.

Dresdan 11-19-2001 10:04 AM

If your looking for another tank try the wizard slayer kit. I played through with one and once you get lilicor its an awsome fighter. If not try the archer kit ranged weapons are an excellent element to round out a party.

Ares 11-19-2001 11:44 PM

doin some bumpage and i HOPE Memnoch will answer with his almighty wisdom :D I also want to Solo a sorceror or something that needs time to be powerfull and will be hard to do. but not a Thief, Assasin, or any kind of Bard.

As in reference to my last post, I dont believe in Thiefs. They cant do ANYTHING in combat to hold their own, and they personally just suck for me cause i never can do anything silent ;)

Jafin 11-19-2001 11:51 PM

Try a Swashbuckler then. They get +1 to hit and damage every 5 lvls. -1 AC for every 5 lvls. Specialize in any melee thief weapon. And no backstab multiplier so no need to be sneaky. And you get all of the thieving abilities with no penalties. And you could dual class to something else if you REALLY wanted to into a mage or cleric. You might wanna try it.

-Jafin

Ares 11-19-2001 11:55 PM

hmm...still, Thieving just isnt for me (would you like it if someone stole your ring of Regeneration? or your Ring of Gaxx?) I dont think traps will be a problem, just pick a strong char and set them off. Thanks for the responses but please, NO MORE THIEFS!! gimme some mage kits or other types of hard things, but,"^^^^^^^^^^"