Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Flash (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81055)

GokuZool 09-04-2002 05:15 AM

I have 2 questions about Flash:

1. Can you create animations with Flash and put them on a CD?
2. Can you make a Flash movie into an MPEG?

Is their another program which can do this?

Thanks,

WOLFGIR 09-04-2002 05:21 AM

1. Yes

2. Yes

And Yes, Shockwave. And there are some other multimedia programs like Live motion from Adobe (less scripting options though).

hehe oki oki..

1. Yes, just make sure that you include everything into your flash movie and export it to either a flash movie file or an exe file. Burn on cd. Voila.

2. Yes, you can play the file and record it with certain software programs,but it is a bit tricky. Much better to let Flash play the thing for you.

Shockwave is Flashīs big brother and is better with support for cd projects, bitmap graphics and such. A very big program with ALOT of possibilities.

GokuZool 09-04-2002 05:33 AM

So could I make a short movie (say 1 minute) on a country..and its environment etc. and put it onto a CD so other people could watch it without Flash?

Another thing..(quite important [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) is it hard to use?

[ 09-04-2002, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]

WOLFGIR 09-04-2002 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GokuZool:
So could I make a short movie (say 1 minute) on a country..and its environment etc. and put it onto a CD so other people could watch it without Flash?
Yes, as the flashmovies you see on the internet, all you need is the player which you are allowed to burn on the same file. (Mostly for Macīs that donīt support the exe files.)

If you have a PC audience, just make an .exe file from the export menue and they are ready to go.

GokuZool 09-04-2002 05:45 AM

Good, so the people viewing (on a PC) don't need flash..*sigh of relief* Do they watch it through Explorer or a movie player?

Do you have Flash and is it hard to use?

WOLFGIR 09-04-2002 05:51 AM

Quote:

Good, so the people viewing (on a PC) don't need flash..*sigh of relief* Do they watch it through Explorer or a movie player?

Do you have Flash and is it hard to use?

If used as a .exe file it opens itīs own little application and runs.

Yes I have it, and well it depends on what you will use it for, and how used to the interface and terminology you are. The help is really good in the program though.

GokuZool 09-04-2002 05:56 AM

Have you made any movies on an internet site or somthing which I can see?

WOLFGIR 09-04-2002 06:43 AM

Quote:

Have you made any movies on an internet site or somthing which I can see?
You can see my homepage, itīs in my info..
If you are really interested I can give you some links to work I have made, usually though they are based on simple animations, banners etc for work, and well they are all in Swedish :D

Flash is god to me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Downunda 09-04-2002 06:51 AM

FLASH! He's the saviour of the universe...