Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Silmarillion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39467)

Xen 02-27-2003 02:20 PM

<font color="yellow">
Well i just started to read it.Great book.The book alredy mentioned Sauron.When was he killed???Maybe in the end of a First Age???And how come that Elrond is Half-Elf??And hwo is Olirion(so)..maybe Gandalf??
Well i am glad thtat Tolkien implented the names of the charaters and expleainded them..
Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen
</font>

Sir Exxon 02-27-2003 02:50 PM

<font color="gold">Aye, The Silmarillion is a great read, indeed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

1. Sauron? Have you read Lord of the Rings yet? If not, I will not spoil you. ;)

2. Elerond is an Half-Elf because his father, Eärendil, was human, while his mother, Elwing, was Elf. At the end of the First Age, Elrond had the choice of being mortal as a human, or be counted as an elf. He chose to lean to his elven blood, and therefore became an Elf in spirit. His brother, Elros, decided to live as a human, and became the first king of Nùmenor.

3. Olórin is indeed Gandalf's true name in the West.</font>

Xen 02-27-2003 03:14 PM

<font color="yellow">
Yes i am a PROUD OWNER OF LotR:FoTR and TTT and Silmarillion.I get the Return Of The King about two months from now..

Xen
</font>

[ 02-27-2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]

WillowIX 02-27-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
<font color="yellow">
Yes i am a PROUD OWNER OF LotR:FoTR and TTT and Silmarillion.I get the Return Of The King about two months from now..

Xen
</font>

<font color=deeppink>Did you notice that Sauronis mentioned in the Lord of the Ring? You are talking about Sauron and not Melkor/Morgoth right? [img]smile.gif[/img] And you are right, Silarillion is an amazing book. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] </font>

[ 02-27-2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]

Lord Starshadow 02-27-2003 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">2. Elrond is an Half-Elf because his father, Eärendil, was human, while his mother, Elwing, was Elf. At the end of the First Age, Elrond had the choice of being mortal as a human, or be counted as an elf. He chose to lean to his elven blood, and therefore became an Elf in spirit. His brother, Elros, decided to live as a human, and became the first king of Nùmenor.</font>
Actually, both Eärendil and Elwing were Half-Elves as well.

SecretMaster 02-27-2003 04:14 PM

What is this book about? Was it written by Tolkien?

WillowIX 02-27-2003 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SecretMaster:
What is this book about? Was it written by Tolkien?
Yes it is written by Tolkien. It is about the creation of Beleriand, how all the races were created etc. And all the "old storys" in Lord of the Ring is written in Silmarillion, for instance the story of Beren and Lúthien. Read it! (hint hint) ;)

Xen 02-27-2003 04:46 PM

<font color="yellow">
Yes!!!Definitley *read it*.
Xen
</font>

Tancred 02-28-2003 04:31 PM

To use an old comparison, the Silmarillion is Middle-Earth's 'Old Testament' to Lord of the Rings, which is the 'New Testament'.

Xen 03-01-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tancred:
To use an old comparison, the Silmarillion is Middle-Earth's 'Old Testament' to Lord of the Rings, which is the 'New Testament'.
<font color="yellow">
Yes it is kinda true,but Silmarillion is happebing in teh First Age,meanwhile LoTr is hapening in Third Age!
Xen
</font>

[ 03-01-2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]