Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ancestry (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80368)

Moni 07-21-2002 10:36 PM

I don't know how I came across a link while searching the web today but curiosity told me to take a chance and see what I could come up with...I went to Ancestry World Tree and typed in my grandfather's name (my dad's dad).
On the second page of results, I found him and links to a family tree that dates back to 1680 in Lancaster, PA,on his father's side and 1700 in (or around) Edinburg Scotland on his mothers. His sons were in the Revolutionary War, one of them, a Captain.
I thought that was totally cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I couldn't come up with any more information on the internet regarding my grandmother (my father's mother) than her name which is a shame...it is her family history that is most intriguing, my great-great grandmother on her side being a direct descendent or (more likely) a direct relative of Geronimo himself. :D

EDIT "World" is not spelled w o l r d ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

[ 07-23-2002, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

SomeGuy 07-22-2002 11:23 AM

I've seen this be4.Guess what.I am related to Johnny Appleseed himself.

Epona 07-22-2002 11:39 AM

Oh WOW Moni, thank you so much for posting that link!
Half my frikken family is on there! :D

Edit: Hey, I'M on there!!!!!! :D :D :D

[ 07-22-2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]

Sir Byronas 07-22-2002 11:44 AM

Well there are no Greeks but anyway I am glad you guys found you families in it!

Epona 07-22-2002 11:50 AM

WOW flippin heck, just managed to trace my dad's side of the family back 5 generations in a few minutes! What a find!

Elif Godson 07-22-2002 11:58 AM

Yea this cool, I can trace my roots back 280 and a little further.
We had a priest in the family that researched us, talk about branching out, yeesh. My last name has 3 other variables to it.
It's pretty cool to know thay my great great great great great great
Uncle was responsable for beheading Prince Llewelen(sp) at the Battle of Snowdonia an was Knighted by King Edward the First ;) Heh

Moni 07-22-2002 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
I've seen this be4.Guess what.I am related to Johnny Appleseed himself.
Hey that is totally cool! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
My brother married a girl who is directly related to John Wilkes-Booth. Not something to brag about lol but I think its a neat little tidbit of info knowing that my niece and nephew have the same blood.

Epona, you are very welcome!
I got in touch with the woman who posted my family's information and gave her just scads of info on my immediate family to add and contacts for all that I don't know. She is a descendant of one of my great great great grandfather's children :D
Hopefully she didn't know about the family's ancestral graveyard in NC and I gave her information on something totally cool to go see. Our great great great grandfather is buried there. :D

Elif Godson,
Honest to goodness royalty in our midst! I bow to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

/)eathKiller 07-22-2002 07:05 PM

well acoording to all of those types of sites I never existed...

adam warlock 07-22-2002 07:49 PM

I'm related to nobody... :huh:

my idiot grandfather forged his name when he got married...

Moni 07-22-2002 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
well acoording to all of those types of sites I never existed...
LOL That's not true, it just means that none of your family members have ever become members of the sites to add the information.
I'm not in there...yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]