Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   why, oh why is it snowing? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90068)

spydar 05-11-2004 06:33 PM

C'mon Mother Nature, give me a freaking break!

Yes I'm a winter person and I like the snow, but I need more than 15 hours a week to make rent and keep myself in food!
I work at the Calgary zoo, and my shifts keep getting cut short due to the 6 inches of snow we've got (and are still getting).

no real point to this post, just ranting.

Go flames...I guess

Mack_Attack 05-11-2004 06:38 PM

Well in Northern Alberta it is sunny and 12 C. But I did here that the south was getting bad weather and with your post I guess they were right. Sit tight for the next heat wave. I'm sure it will be along soon. :D

Zero Alpha 05-11-2004 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by spydar:

Yes I'm a winter person and I like the snow, but I need more than 15 hours a week to make rent and keep myself in food!
I work at the Calgary zoo, and my shifts keep getting cut short due to the 6 inches of snow we've got (and are still getting).

Go flames...I guess

what do you do at the zoo? surely animals need looking after all the time, not just when the weather is good :s

Ladyzekke 05-11-2004 08:09 PM

Where do you live Spydar?

I'm just the opposite atm, it's too frikken hot here for Spring, feels like late July!

True_Moose 05-11-2004 08:12 PM

I could only wish it was too hot here, Lady. It's not that cold which makes it worse, it's all slushy.

From what I can gather, spydar lives in Calgary, where I live too. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your choice of pro sports teams. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

spydar 05-13-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by spydar:

Go flames...I guess

what do you do at the zoo? surely animals need looking after all the time, not just when the weather is good :s </font>[/QUOTE]I don't get to work with the animals (did you know that you have to apprentice to become a zookeeper and it can take 7 years?). I work at the food kioks all over the place, and most people don't want ice cream when it's snowing.

Dron_Cah 05-13-2004 05:25 PM

Ha, thats true! Well, I love it, its nice and warm, here. My sister has been swimming all week, and depending on my conscious about calculus homework, i might go for a dip, too. Well, later everyone.

Animal 05-13-2004 05:35 PM

Beautiful here on the West Coast. The mountains still have some snow on them, the ocean is great and it's a comfortable 21 Celsuis.

Why does a man climb a mountain...becasue it's there. Why does it snow in Calgary...because it's there! :D

spydar 05-13-2004 11:34 PM

damn mountains...we get freaky weather cause of em, shoulda just gone back up north, at least there it's predictable.
but the snows going now, and it's supposed to be alright for the rest of the week, so maybe I'll actually get some hours and be able to feed myself.