Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Do you chat? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87459)

Reeka 08-22-2003 12:56 PM

I guess I am thinking about this, because after an over a year, for all intents and purposes, absence from on-line chatting I have started back being on MSN everyday.

I use that and Yahoo to VC with Bardan. I used to use ICQ alot but don't anymore. And AOL, I only used to use it for the few friends I had that didn't use anything else.

What about you? I am back and thoroughly enjoying it once again. Oh, and I really have not been on MSN but, well I could count on one hand the number of times I have been on MSN in the past year.

As most of you know, I was quite ill and even after I recovered, due to the hospital srewing up, it left me with a numb pinky finger on my right hand.

Took me along time to get back to where I could type worth a damn again. So, if you hadn't seen me around, I didn't have you block, I just haven't been there!!

So, what programs do you use? Do you chat alot? Do you chat to just on-line friends? Real life friends? Family? All of the above? Things like that.

johnny 08-22-2003 01:00 PM

I have a Yahoo messenger, but you already knew that, since i joined you guys a few times now. But normally i hardly ever chat. I'm sick and tired of the amount of perverted people you run into in chatrooms. Thanks, but no thanks.

Reeka 08-22-2003 01:10 PM

Well, I wasn't really taking about chatrooms. I don't really go in for that either. I was really referring to just one-on-one chats.

But that brings up a good point. How do you feel about chatrooms?

IAmThumper 08-22-2003 01:27 PM

I don't chat at all. I have an ICQ account but only use it to talk to a couple of people simply because it doesn't cost me anything to use it.
I suppose if I found people to chat with that I liked or respected enough and if I could find a topic we were all interested in then I might. Those are a lot of ifs and in my opinion it not worth driving myself crazy trying to satisfy them all which is why I don't.
I prefer forums like this where I can get peoples opinions and don't feel obligated to post or respond to them.

johnny 08-22-2003 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reeka:
Well, I wasn't really taking about chatrooms. I don't really go in for that either. I was really referring to just one-on-one chats.

But that brings up a good point. How do you feel about chatrooms?

I think i just made that very clear. :D

WillowIX 08-22-2003 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
I have a Yahoo messenger, but you already knew that, since i joined you guys a few times now. But normally i hardly ever chat. I'm sick and tired of the amount of perverted people you run into in chatrooms. Thanks, but no thanks.
Somehow I don't believe you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] LLAO!

Anyway, I have Trillian downloaded somewhere on my computer. The only problem is that since we got our hardware firewall it doesn't work any longer. It's impossible to connect to MSN, Yahoo or even ICQ. And we have checked the ports. Totally messed up since the program works on the hubby's computer. [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]

johnny 08-22-2003 02:25 PM

Well, better believe me on this Willow, chatrooms are not my idea of fun. I've seen some really disturbing things going on in those places, and i don't wanna waste any time on that.

Attalus 08-22-2003 02:30 PM

I'm taking Johnny's advice and never going near a chatroom. It would remind me of that awful one where the guy overdosed on his webcam. Anyway, Forums give you time to think up your answer and correct your grammar.

Ziroc 08-22-2003 04:53 PM

I may join in the voice chat tomorrow Reeka! I'll try to remember this time! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen 08-22-2003 04:55 PM

While we are on the subject...

Z what`s with the IW`s chatroom?