Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Funnest Class? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101169)

SpiritWarrior 11-13-2009 03:41 PM

Funnest Class?

I am playing a mage and it's fun but I am kinda pottering around the game, retrying different origins and stuff. Just wanted to know what class you guys found to be the most fun. Warrior actually looks kinda cool, and I also wonder about the viability of going "full" archer. Dwarf is not my usual pick although it seems somewhat attractive as an origin. Anyone have experiences to share?

Luvian 11-13-2009 04:21 PM

Re: Funnest Class?

I'm really having fun with my warrior. He's full shield spec and he's kicking ass. It's not just a tank spec. Yes you do get more survivability but all your special attacks are either knockdown or stuns. It's pretty great.

I haven't yet tried a full archer my my Liliana is a maxed out one and she's powerful. I heard that it's a pretty viable option for a PC.

I really liked the Noble Dwarf origin story and I plan to play through it soon. I made a female warrior and she's going to become a two handed berserker. I saw my brother play through the commoner dwarf and it was pretty cool too. He start out with pickpocket so my brother made him into a thuggish warrior using dual weapons, poison and pickpocket.

SpiritWarrior 11-13-2009 06:43 PM

Yes I just got done trying Dwarven Commoner Rogue. Absolutely lovin' it. The story is my kinda story, as the human noble or magi ones are too cliche and "hero worphippy" for me. I kinda like this one as its more of an underdog tale.

I am still quite confused about rogue. I mean, should I bother with daggers for dual wielding? I am trying to stick to light weapons out of habit, but I see nothing that is really stopping me from DWing two swords or axes in this game. Other than crit chance, but I still don't crit all that much so am thinking a deadlier, heavier weapon (like an axe) would provide more consistent damage. Tell me if i'm missing anything here in my reasoning.

Also, is cunning really that essential? And, did anyone find out what exactly backstab does? From what I am seeing it seems to improve crit chance. Just from observing though.

I may stick with this origin as I am really liking it over human mage.

Arcalian 11-13-2009 08:40 PM

I'm pretty sure Dwarven Commoner Rogue will be my first playthrough, with Elven Mage coming second.

Luvian 11-14-2009 02:14 AM

Personally I really loved the noble origins. Both human and dwarf nobles touched me the most. But I did like elf commoner too.

Backstab always does more damage. I only used them when I was low level but I went from 6 damage per hit to 10 so it's about 80% more damage at that level range.

Dagger and bow use dexterity for their damage so a pure dex/cunning rogue can dual them efficiently.

Cunning is used for the efficiency of your stealth skill as well as a couple more rogue skills but I couldn't tell you which ones exactly.

SpiritWarrior 11-14-2009 02:52 AM

So anything other than a dagger or bow does not figure dex in it?