Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What day is the Big Move (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81604)

TheCrimsomBlade 10-01-2002 10:19 PM

You said that October was when the move to ESCAPE Forums was to take place but any idea what part of this month that The Great ESCAPE will take place? I got all my Dwarf miners digging a tunnel toward the surface to see what the world will look like when The IRONWORKS turns off the lights and shuts its door for the last time as the Best Gaming Forum the net has ever known.
I'd like to be at the Grand Opening for the free Dragon Burgers .

Ziroc 10-01-2002 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
You said that October was when the move to ESCAPE Forums was to take place but any idea what part of this month that The Great ESCAPE will take place? I got all my Dwarf miners digging a tunnel toward the surface to see what the world will look like when The IRONWORKS turns off the lights and shuts its door for the last time as the Best Gaming Forum the net has ever known.
I'd like to be at the Grand Opening for the free Dragon Burgers .

We'll switch over to the new domain name/URL sometime next week I believe. so instead of going to www.ironworksforum.com, you will go to www.escapeforums.com.

I'll give everyone a 2 day notice before anything happens. Right now, I am jsut getting all the logo's changed and everything 'ready' for the switch-over so it'll be easy, and smooth.

The other domain's DNS has been active and has propagated throughout the internet, so there will be no interruption at all. It'll be as simple as switching a light switch.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Megabot 10-01-2002 11:43 PM

I hope you have right Z with that switching and it will be cool to se the new logos to, hope all goes well! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

TheCrimsomBlade 10-01-2002 11:58 PM

GREAT! thanks I clicked on the new URL and put it on top of the Ironworks URL in my favorites right on top! it's going to be strange not to see Ironworks on top of my favorites list its been up there for a long time, well ever since baldurs gate came out. it was the first favorite that had anything to do with RPG games and I found it just by chance the day I found out Baldurs Gate #1 had a patch and I went to a link page that had another link page that lead to IW.
Spend and invest wisely. it goes fast when your buying for fun.

Mack_Attack 10-02-2002 08:06 AM

I can not wait. It feels like Christmas. Like opeing a new wrapped gift.

Attalus 10-02-2002 08:56 AM

I can't wait for the dedicated server for the Escape from Undermountain. That will be cool. :D

/)eathKiller 10-02-2002 12:36 PM

Yippee ! I can't wait :D

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 10-02-2002 08:28 PM

so soon i can almost see the escape forums already. well once they get open we will have some serious spamming to do [img]tongue.gif[/img]

DJG 10-03-2002 02:07 PM

Do we have to re-register?

I know, it has been asked millions of times, but what is the answer?

GokuZool 10-03-2002 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DJG:
Do we have to re-register?

I know, it has been asked millions of times, but what is the answer?

Nope, you don't have to re-register.