Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I can't believe what I did!!! (Warning:Violence-Animal lovers may be offended ) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96474)

Larry_OHF 07-22-2006 02:03 PM

<font color=skyblue>I have chipmunk problems at my house, and these cute vermin make holes all in the yard, some of which are big enough to snare my children's feet and make them fall...some of them washed out enough to make adults fall. I had to get rid of these pests.

I have a blowgun, and it had been a fantasy to think that I might actually be able to kill one of them with one, for I was no blowgun expert, but I knew enough to get the missle flying in the general direction. I had not even practiced in well over a year, but today when I saw one snooping about the yard on lunch break, I decided that since I had nothing better to do at the time, I'd prove to myself how silly it was to think that I could even get close enough to a chipmunk to shoot it with a dart. I mean...these things are small and really fast. They spook easier than a squirrel. I made my attempt, sneaking out the front door and tip-toe-ing around back and when I saw him, he thought he saw me too and stood up for a better look. I kept my eyes closed and stayed unmoving. When he went down to sniff the ground a bit more, I got into position and aimed (as best I knew how). When he looked up, I let the dart fly, blowing with all my strength. I watched the dart sail through the air and land somewhere near him, and then I saw that he had not run...why?

I ran up and looked and he was desperately trying to go down his hole that he was perched beside but could not because there was a dart in his head! It had gone through his eye and out the other end, and I could not believe it. I quickly ended his suffering for humane reasons, and stood in bewilderment. I had actually done it, and never expected it to actually work.

By the way, I measured the distance. 32 feet.</font>

[ 07-28-2006, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

armageddon272 07-22-2006 02:15 PM

You are an evil person.

Larry_OHF 07-22-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by armageddon272:
You are an evil person.
<font color=skyblue>No, evil would have been to post pictures.
I was just lucky.</font>

Luvian 07-22-2006 02:44 PM

One down, 12 to go... ;)

johnny 07-22-2006 02:55 PM

PETA will come looking for you, you'll need a bigger gun. :D

Bithron 07-22-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
PETA will come looking for you, you'll need a bigger gun. :D
Good one, but seriosly that was really lucky. I would probably have used my hunting bow although I'm a really crappy shooter, I'm lucky IF I hit anything in the general direction... But anyway congrats, Hunter.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

DragonSlayer25 07-22-2006 04:17 PM

You know if you put lemon juice on your darts, it paralyzes the poor animal and you can go in for the kill. It even works for larger animal, like cats and larger birds. Citric acid is basicly the same stuff that gives you muscle cramps when you over-abuse yourself (i.e. during exercise).

Larry_OHF 07-22-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DragonSlayer25:
You know if you put lemon juice on your darts, it paralyzes the poor animal and you can go in for the kill. It even works for larger animal, like cats and larger birds. Citric acid is basicly the same stuff that gives you muscle cramps when you over-abuse yourself (i.e. during exercise).
<font color=skyblue>Oh yeah?? [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

That's what I need...to be even more effective!</font>

shadowhound 07-22-2006 07:08 PM

And now like the true survivalist you must eat what you prepared, else its a waste [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ZFR 07-22-2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DragonSlayer25:
Citric acid is basicly the same stuff that gives you muscle cramps when you over-abuse yourself (i.e. during exercise).
I think that's lactic acid for muscles, but you're right, concentrated citric acid would work just the same especially for smaller mammals.

and where is the graphic violenece Larry? Don't tell me I'm too late and the images have been edited out of the post?

[ 07-22-2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]