Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Kept Drizzt's Items (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58823)

DaFirm19_Inch 11-10-2001 12:34 PM

Just a little experience of my wit the drizzt's items the first time i played SOA: During the part of the game where u have to help find the stupid lanten for the elven pplz,...I gave up after looking for the lantern for ages so i cheated abit to speed up my findings,...dunno what happened after i used the cheat (the one inbuilted in the game) it kinda stuffed up the game alittle,..
my main character started walking backwards,..well he faces another way when everyone is walking forward :confused: ?!?
anywayz,..after sending the drizzt into Bohdi's main room by himself first and closing the door behind him, [img]smile.gif[/img] i retrived his items & killed Bodhi. But just as i came out of Bhodi's cavern the minister guy appeared(or woteva the hell u call him),... but he just ignored me (which i later found out that he was meant to take the drizzt's items from u) anywayz, I used drizzt's items throughout the game, every other time after that he just appeared in everyplace i went to, did nothing but just stand there (well, ofcourse, my party members tended to hack him up abit every now & then, but yeh,..as u know he does'nt die even wit ctrl+Y)..

anyone b able to tell me why i was able to keep Drizzt's items? coz i thought b4 that u were able to keep them, since in BG:TOS u were allowed to keep them....

Euronymous 11-10-2001 12:38 PM

I got that once, he wouldnt attack me...but I couldnt buy anything or sleep.....and besides in Bgate1 drizzts items were holy...in ToB and SoA they stink

Sir Exxon 11-10-2001 12:44 PM

You can just throw away the drizzt weapons you have now, and then just use shadowkeeper to get them automaticly, so neither Elminster or your NPC's will notice!

Dreamer128 11-10-2001 12:50 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
You can just throw away the drizzt weapons you have now, and then just use shadowkeeper to get them automaticly, so neither Elminster or your NPC's will notice!<hr></blockquote>
They are hardly worth the efford so why bother?

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Velkyn_OHF ]</p>

DaFirm19_Inch 11-10-2001 12:52 PM

Euronymous
yeh,.. true, when it happened to me i could only sleep at certain times e.g.when all dialogs have cleared(sometimes even the dialogs stuff up)
also i could quick save most of the times,.. anyway i ended up restarting the whole bloody game... :mad:

SecretMaster 11-10-2001 01:08 PM

What happens if you store the items somewhere, then will they be gone? Like you travel to Althlakta, then drop the items, before the mage comes, will they be there?

DaFirm19_Inch 11-10-2001 01:20 PM

SecretMaster ,...
they acted like normal weapon items,..dun ask me why, dats the question i've been tryin to find out,...

as for the minister guy, he just appears right nexts ur party members once the map has loaded...once again tryin to find out y too [img]tongue.gif[/img]