Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How stupid am I? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85616)

Lady Blue03 06-12-2002 11:26 PM

<font color=pink>On a scale of 1 to 10, if you please :D

About 45 minutes ago, i was digging through my drawers searching for some lost eye shadow...what i found instead was a fire cracker, score!

So i grabbed my lighter and headed out my door to the balcony, so i could fire it. Holding the lighter firmly in my left hand, i ignited the string, half a second later it exploded like a gunshot...right in my hand *slaps forhead*

The result was my lighter getting knocked out of my lef hand about 10 feet away...a slice in my right thumb that goes down for about 1/10 of an inch, and a nasty blood blister in my right middle finger, not t mention this absurd ringing in my ears that won't go away...

I give myself a 9...the only thing stupider then that is stickng scissors in a electrical socket(which i havnt done yet...)</font?

khazadman 06-12-2002 11:28 PM

aaaaah,anybody ever tell you you're supposed to throw them badboys?

The Hunter of Jahanna 06-12-2002 11:30 PM

* hides scissors and puts covers on all the light sockets*

Deathcow 06-12-2002 11:31 PM

i give it a 6 [img]smile.gif[/img]

you did everything right except for the fact that it was still in your hand when it went off...hey, nobodys perfect

Hayashi 06-12-2002 11:34 PM

Not as dumb as me sticking in a *metal* implement into the socket end of a power cable for a portable tape recorder - when it was plugged into a live wall socket at the other end!!

Fortunately I only got a mild shock (otherwise I wouldn't be posting this now, would I? [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[ 06-12-2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Hayashi ]

Lady Blue03 06-12-2002 11:36 PM

<font color=pink>See the odd thing was i was gonna throw it, but as soon as the fire touched the thread it was instantaneous, i didnt even have time to blink [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

Earthdog 06-12-2002 11:37 PM

And the judeges say:

10!!!!

Youre a winner!!! Way to go ACE!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

hehehehehehehe.... Betcha dont do that again in a hurry [img]smile.gif[/img]

Please note that on the side of the firecracker it says "Light Fuse and GET AWAY FAST". It also says "Use only under adult supervision."

Silly [img]smile.gif[/img]

TOO FUNNY.

All humour aside, I hope youre ok. I needed a good laugh right about now. TY ......

SILLY [img]smile.gif[/img]

Downunda 06-12-2002 11:40 PM

Well, I've done some pretty stupid things in my life - blowing my hand up with a firecracker however is not one of them... the light socket thing I did when I was a kid and I once had a tree fall on me (not a small one either) when I stood in the exact spot that my dad told me not to stand but to answer your question I'd give you an 8 - 9 being harmful to others and 10 causing serious injury or even death :D

Lady Blue03 06-12-2002 11:44 PM

<font color=pink> :D I should dye my hair blonde instead of red :D </font>

/)eathKiller 06-12-2002 11:47 PM

It could've been worse, you coulve tightened your hand around it before lighting it O_o then you would be typing one handed...