Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   W&W - First time player (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100682)

Wolf Rider2 04-27-2009 06:13 AM

Re: W&W - First time player

That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure she won't mind. I noticed when I bought it back from her and sold it to her to get another potion, I got more money from selling it. That's a little weird.

Radek 04-27-2009 06:59 AM

It's a W&W classics: bugs, bugs, bugs ... :hehe: You can do things which you weren't supposed to do, occur on places where you weren't sopposed to occur, and achieve effects you weren't supposed to achieve. The attractivity of W&W consists not in playing the game the "lebitimate" way but in searching and trying tricks it allows. There are many such tricks in W&W.

Bungleau 04-27-2009 07:44 AM

LOL! The salads have given rise to what I think is the most well-known phrase 'round these parts... they *WILL* hunt you down!

Once they've been activated, the salads will follow you all the way to the doors of Ishad N'ha. Really sucks when the first thing you get after leaving town is a faceful of poison gas... three times over!

Radek's got you a good answer. My preferred method is to use storm spells from a safe distance... if you've got 'em, that is.

Wolf Rider2 04-27-2009 05:59 PM

I shall keep all that in mind. Leaving them for now to complete Serpent Temple. Those priests are so creepy! Kreug is the only one that looks almost normal. But I've killed most of them now. On my way to *apparently* meet my doom at the fangs of Xydusa. Somehow, I don't think so.

Wolf Rider2 04-28-2009 07:40 AM

Oh, having trouble getting H'Thark out by the way. I can't find the key to his cell anywhere. Was that weird Inquisitor priest supposed to have it?

Wyvern 04-28-2009 10:23 AM

Yes, The Inquisitor would have had the key to H'Thark's cell. It's been a while but I believe you don't actually have to free H'Thark but that probably is the easier way to go.

H'Thark tells you about the ritual of the serpent which you will need later - the ritual is described in the best tips thread.

You can also (shudder) torture H'Thark as an alternative to giving him the lockpicks he expects.

Wyv

Bungleau 04-28-2009 11:04 AM

And if you *divide* the lockpicks, you can give him one and keep the other two. I'm not sure what level they are, but I know that they're better than level 1.

It's been a while for me too, so I don't remember if the Inquissssitor has the key, or if there's a certain Torturer who does. If you didn't get the key, it would have been left on the ground where the offending priest died...

Wolf Rider2 04-28-2009 05:53 PM

I couldn't find it anywhere... Maybe because I didn't actually fight him, I waited for the doors of his room to crush him to pieces. Oh well. I looked at the archives. Much easier.

Radek 04-29-2009 03:45 AM

Keys in W&W didn't vanish. If you can remember where you have fought the Inquisitor then go there and look on the ground. The key should be still there.

Wolf Rider2 04-29-2009 04:01 AM

Yeah, I found it... hehe. Thanks guys.