Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dark Alliance Gives me mixed feelings (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3372)

HiyoCherryo 08-06-2003 09:08 PM

So, I finnaly got Dark Alliance and I had mixed feelings. Charachter creation was horrible. All D&D format was not there. Selecting your charachter consisted off picking between a Human Archer, Dwarven Fighter, and Elven Sorceress. Thats it. I was completely dissapointed. The actual game was rather like diablo, Hack n Slash, no thought like the old Baldurs Gate. No dice rolls were incorperated. O well, the graphics made up for it. YAY finnally we got some weapon diversity, because now we have our Shocking Burst Antemine(I think thats it)Halbred of Speed +3. Yep there was still our old plusses. Once I wasted all my precious time and beat the game(which was rather short) I unlocked gauntlet mode, horay! In gauntlet I ran around as Drizzt killing all the monsters in 15 mins. My prize, I unlock extreme mode. Ooooooo, still too esy. I beat that and unlocked Drizzt. Drizzt was a dissapointment. He did very little damage and you coudn't equip any weapons except his famous schimitars. One great point to the game was two player mode. Yu and your friend get to hack n slash together. Great fun. So how do you all feel?

Firestormalpha 08-06-2003 09:13 PM

HiyoCherrio this honestly belongs in either the General topic or the Miscelanious Games forum since it is not directly tied to the BG series on computer.

SixOfSpades 08-06-2003 10:01 PM

I'm willing to forgive the transgression, since the name "Baldur's Gate" was actually intended to mislead people into thinking that BG: Dark Alliance had <u>anything</u> to do with the fine game produced by BioWare.

HiyoCherryo 08-06-2003 10:24 PM

Sorry firestorm... next time i will

RoSs_bg2_rox 08-07-2003 05:22 AM

I hate it. I played it for 5 minutes at my friends and it was totally crap. I think its a discrace that they put baldurs gate on the front, its nothing like it!

Taran 08-07-2003 06:17 PM

i posted something on this long ago. now it wouldnt be the first game i would toss aside, i actually beat it, i think with each character. well, yes im was pretty surprised it sucked, and it kinda sucked bad, no character making, all of a sudden youd get random weapons (large flaming death axe of killing and doing stupid stuff +12032) and its wasnt very good, but they may be coming out with a second and yeah sure im going to buy it, for hope that the creaters will correct themselves

Calsiumus 08-07-2003 07:28 PM

Does it relly suck that mutch? aww.... and I was saving my money upp to buy.. it... :(

pcgiant 08-08-2003 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I'm willing to forgive the transgression, since the name "Baldur's Gate" was actually intended to mislead people into thinking that BG: Dark Alliance had <u>anything</u> to do with the fine game produced by BioWare.
Without a doubt. It would never have sold otherwise.

cloud ff7 38 08-08-2003 10:32 AM

I liked it i just thing it was bias to melee characters.

HiyoCherryo 08-09-2003 01:36 PM

Dark Alliance 2 is going to have charachter creation like ad&d so im going to buy the next one with the money I get when I return the first one