Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   my fighter mage or a conjurer (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59312)

chinese noodle 11-25-2001 10:12 PM

recently i stopped cheating, so i started again without cheats, now i want to know whether i should use my VERY good fighter mage that has used some cheats (ie the thing at the beginning of the game that make your stats all 18, but i dropped them down a bit) or whether i should start a new game entirely with a conjurer, now those are my only two choices so dont try to sway me into trying a sorceror or kensai etc.

this is basically a question of ethics and about how good conjurers are if anyone knows (i liked them in bg1)

Xanthul 11-26-2001 01:42 AM

1.- I dont like cheating
2.- I love mages (specially sorcerors and conjurers)

So my choice is clear [img]smile.gif[/img] . I think it will be more challenging and fun to play the conjurer.

LennonCook 11-26-2001 04:34 AM

A fighter/mage has access to more weapons and spells, but a conjurer levels up faster and has one extra spell of each level...
A conjurer can cast identify, a fighter mage can...
Fighter/Mage has more hit points... but 2 prime requisits to get as high as possible....
So they both have their pros and cons- it depends on how u want to play...
If u want to have a conjurer though, and u decide on a fighter/mage theres always Edwin,
Or u could run 2 games at once

Fuzzy Animal 11-26-2001 07:24 AM

Choose a conjurer!! As much as I liked my conjurer in BG1, I really liked when I transfered him to Bg2. There are just so many neat spells for a conjurer to have. The only thing you miss are the divination spells, which can be taken care of with another mage (Imoen, Nalia etc..)

Nifft the Nimble 11-26-2001 02:30 PM

Are you going to play a GOOD character or an EVIL character? There's already an excellent evil Conjurer in the game, so if you're planning on being evil, go with the Fighter/Mage.

If you're planning on being a goody-goody, a Conjurer is an excellent choice. :)

-- Nifft

perk31 11-26-2001 03:15 PM

If you are planning on going solo I would use the fighter/mage since it gives you more options and a stronger character. In a party that wouldn't be a concern.

Russ 11-26-2001 05:25 PM

Play the conjurer. Make him up from scratch. Use the first ability score roll the computer gives you.

I mean, if you're going to stop cheating, you may as well go all the way, and focus on the roleplaying... you'll get a richer game out of it, too.

jabidas 11-26-2001 05:52 PM

Multiclasses really arnt great I think you should go for the conjurer, as for no Identification? pick up the glasses of identification

chinese noodle 11-26-2001 10:08 PM

by the way, im starting bg1 all over again and im gonna take thius character thru bg1, totsc, soa, and tob

BIG CHOICE...

SSJ4Sephiroth 11-27-2001 12:35 AM

i say fighter/mage, but im biased since thats what i made my Sephiroth character out to be. you dont get the really high-end spells til the end of the game, true, but you can combine them with the ToB feats to create a super fighter! ten critical hits in a round when the enemy cant even fight back is impressive, indeed!