Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bad food... but you still like it. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90231)

Jorath Calar 06-01-2004 07:58 AM

Anyone have a favourite food that you know is bad, not neccesarly (sp?) bad taste but just plain bad, that no selfrespecting human being would eat without being forcefed... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I like noodles... the 2 minutes noodle that you get two kilos for a buck, I think the main ingredient is chinese newspapers, but for some reason I like them. Specially Chicken noodles... [img]smile.gif[/img]
I guess the factor that it is easy and quick to eat is a big plus... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, do you have any bad food confession... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Melusine 06-01-2004 08:28 AM

LOL, I know the ones you mean, they are awful! No selfrespe.... oh, right.
Well, I guess microwave popcorn (to which I am quite literally addicted) would fall into this genre, or the McDonald's Quarter Pounder Meal (supersized, of course). Those are my two main vices. Oh and really cheap Japanese rice crackers. And instant soup-powder. And really cheap types of candy. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
My poor stomach...

The Hierophant 06-01-2004 09:12 AM

Chocolate!
Only an hour ago I was tormented a beautiful coconut choclate bar sitting in front of me in the living room. It seduced me with it's wicked, evil alluring charms. I had to eat it.... and since I'm trying to get into shape, I'll have to run three laps of a rugby field just to work it off....Dammit! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and like Mel, Mcdonalds too... so quick...so easy.... so salty.... so sickening....

And I wouldn't say 2-minute noodles are all that bad. They're a staple in this student household :D

Ilander 06-01-2004 09:46 AM

I must say this...hopefully no one will criticize me for my addictions...

I...like...fried...

SPAM!

Bungleau 06-01-2004 11:06 AM

On a totally serious note, grilled spam is actually rather tasty. Ate it at a job I had years ago... yes, there was nothing else to eat, and we were ready to try anything.

Ilander, you need to be eatin' lots more of that stuff... :D

As for me, I have yet to meet an M&M which could convincingly explain why it should live through to tomorrow... :D Most chocolate fits into the same category for me.

But, in honor of Memorial Day here in the States, let me offer our family's ritual holiday breakfast: Monkey Bread.

Cut a tube of Pillsbury-style biscuits in quarters. Roll them in a mix of cinnamon and sugar and put them in a baking pan. Heat up a quarter cup of butter and half cup of brown sugar until they become liquid. Drizzle the liquid over the biscuits and cook for 30-40 minutes at 350.

Deeeeee-licious!

Harkoliar 06-01-2004 11:45 AM

all you guys talking about food is making me hungry :(

Gangrell 06-01-2004 01:10 PM

Bad for my health, well, that narrows it down to pretty much everything I eat [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Nah, I do eat healthy, but I would definately rank McDonald's sausage biscuits and those little Reese's chocolate easter eggs, great stuff :D

Mack_Attack 06-01-2004 02:41 PM

I am shocked that no one has put Kraft dinner on that list. That stuff is just vile. Or another one that is bad is vegimite(sp). Either way I am also a bad eater. Grease and salt ummmm. After reading all these posts I am going on a diet. ;)

Albromor 06-01-2004 03:41 PM

Okay, here is one: Philadelphia Cheese Steak with sauce and mushrooms. Meat:Fried. Mushrooms:Fried Cheese:Melted into the Steak as it is being fried. Sauce: Simmered in one big pot. Now take a huge roll (can you say processed wheat packed with carbs?; but you can't beat the bread that the Philadelphia, PA area has)and lay the meat with cheese on first, then the mushrooms and lastly the sauce. What you got is a bijillion calorie, high colestrol, fat packed creation of absolutely fantastic taste!

Ironbar 06-01-2004 03:47 PM

I have always been fond of frozen peas, still frozen of course!