Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Feature hope (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42133)

Steve McDonald 03-09-2002 08:27 PM

I think it is a big improvement on the original frua to show the "day" (ie day 1, day 2 etc.) that the adventure is at. Would it be possible to have the option of diplaying a "date". For example I could specify "the game begins on 10 March, 2002" and the date moves forward each day after. This would be especially good in modern, sci-fi or historic settings (as opposed to fantasy worlds where the months of the year etc. may be different - perhaps these could be customisable too, in global options? You could specify the months' names and how many days are in the months (much as the money is now set up where you set the coin names and how many coins in each other). What do people think?

manikus 03-09-2002 08:47 PM

i would really like if it were more than a storytelling element, if you could use it for events- party enters building, if after certain date, event fires.

i also like the idea of customizable names. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/mage1.gif[/img]

Steve McDonald 03-10-2002 12:29 AM

Well - I think it is possible to use the day to trigger an event using logic block. Perhaps it would make it more accessible if "the date is" was given as an option in the event trigger section though.

CocoaSpud 03-11-2002 09:44 AM

I added calendar configuration to the ToDo list.

Making an event trigger based on a certain time is not hard. This would mean that the party must be in the correct map square at the right clock time before the event will trigger. It is much more difficult to trigger a time-based event regardless of party location.

Steve McDonald 03-14-2002 06:06 AM

Yeah. Well, of course you can do it as a step event (just specify, say, "time is after 3:00 on day 4" using logic block, and "do only once") assuming you know which level the player will be on at that time (or you can get it to work with the player in any level using quests, but it is a bit more complex). However at the moment as far as I can see, you can't do it as a rest event, unless you interrupt rest periodically to run the event that checks it. It would be cool if you could set a rest interrupt to occur AT a certain time. EG "You are awoken with a start at 6:30 in the morning".

CocoaSpud 03-25-2002 11:14 AM

I'll try to work something out with this.

Lord Killjoy 03-25-2002 01:45 PM

Using time deadlines for events in DC could be tricky. If someone walks around in search to often and with the limited healing unless you have alot of money or sleep for a week. But could be fun giving some of your players some gray hairs.