Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   swords (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92642)

Gxc 01-01-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zuvio:
A katana with a masamune blade. Bring in the vegetables!
I agree with you and I really like your signature.

Zuvio 01-01-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gxc:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zuvio:
A katana with a masamune blade. Bring in the vegetables!

I agree with you and I really like your signature. </font>[/QUOTE]And I think you're cool! Thnx! :D

Kakero 01-01-2005 08:36 PM

Katana , Wakazashi and Tantou.

Spirits forever 01-02-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
Katana , Wakazashi and Tantou.
practicing santoryu or somthing? (three sword style?)

bloody good choice though ^^

Sythe 01-02-2005 03:26 AM

Jeez whats up with all the Eastern weapons? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Zuvio 01-02-2005 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sythe:
Jeez whats up with all the Eastern weapons? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Slick, elegant blades that can gently and swiftly take a man down without condemning the wielder to the low ranks of a barbarian for usage of one requires a skilled approach.

Instead of the stiff, log, heavy-metal swords the westerners used to maim the opponent. When those huge field-battles occured, western fighters used their swords to deal as much damage as they could to the other so he wouldn't be able to participate in the battle anymore. This resulted in thousands of warriors lying on the ground with gruesome wide-open wounds and eventually after some time die from infection, getting trampled over, gangreen or simply bleeding to death.

// I do tend to look at english battles here, not sure how the continent related to this...

Winter Wolf 01-02-2005 06:51 AM

Scythe: Weapons like the katana, wakizashi, and tantou were historically some of the finest crafted blades around.

Personally I'd go with a Jian (Chinese straight sword used in taiji-jian and many other traditional Chinese martial arts). Or maybe the Japanese horse cutting sword (would you know what this is called, Kakero?) just for sheer intimidation factor. Of course most people can't even lift one, but it would make an interesting conversation piece. ^__^

uss 01-02-2005 11:53 AM

A naginata(Japanese halberd) would also be pretty fancy. ;)

The only melee weapons I have(besides the kitchen knives :D ) are kukri knives - Nepalese war knives. The blade is optimal for cutting throats. :eek: Here are some pictures.

However I have yet to collect swords so cool that they make you want to drool. :D

Spirits forever 01-02-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Winter Wolf:
Scythe: Weapons like the katana, wakizashi, and tantou were historically some of the finest crafted blades around.

Personally I'd go with a Jian (Chinese straight sword used in taiji-jian and many other traditional Chinese martial arts). Or maybe the Japanese horse cutting sword (would you know what this is called, Kakero?) just for sheer intimidation factor. Of course most people can't even lift one, but it would make an interesting conversation piece. ^__^

yeah, (i'm not kakero) but it's called a zanbato,

WOW! uss, i'm impressed, someone'd dig up a knife from my country! i have a few, but really a wakazashi would be soo much better, ^^

Zuvio 01-02-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Winter Wolf:

yeah, (i'm not kakero) but it's called a zanbato,

WOW! uss, i'm impressed, someone'd dig up a knife from my country! i have a few, but really a wakazashi would be soo much better, ^^
</font>[/QUOTE]I remember! Sanosuke from Kenshin had a Zanbato he carries around. He's so wicked ;)