Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   "ALERT" New Killer worm Virous "ALERT" (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89699)

TheCrimsomBlade 03-30-2004 09:48 PM

There is is new killer Worm hitting people in Their E-Mail. It comes by E-Card saying " Here is a special Card for you " or " Open now a special Greeting Card from a friend" then when you open the card you see nothing but what looks like a bad file or you think who ever sent it didn't know what they were doing, so you delete it. BUT in the meen time you have released a worm into your E-Mail system and it will read your E-Mail address book and start sending more of these E-Cards to your friends with out you knowing what is going on.
WHAT happens is this! After it has read all your E-Mail addresses it waits until the next time you hit the send & receive button and bam all these cards are sent to all your friends and as soon as it completes the send and receive you computer locks and each of your files in every system become corrupted includind all Ram and Hard drives then it attacks the main Microprocessor. when it is finished your computer can not be repaired it has become a DOOR STOP.
This was found this A.M. By MCafree (spelling?)and there is no Anti-Viros system that can stop it ,the only way to stop it is Delete the E-Card befor you open it then Delete it from the delete file.

THIS IS NO JOKE BEWARE!!!!
if you haven't gotten offical notifacation today you will hear of it soon please delete any E-Cards this week

shadowspecter 03-30-2004 10:01 PM

Interesting...well I'm gonna check my email to see if I received it. Thanks for the warning, that would suck if I did open it if I had it.

Megabot 03-30-2004 10:06 PM

Thanks for the warning, what the hell is wrong with those assho*les that make those viruses all the time? Do they make those viruses to get attention or are they pure evil peoples that not have anything better to do?
Geesh i am tired of those viruses and spam mail :(

Firestormalpha 03-30-2004 10:12 PM

They're usually just bored script kiddies ( I think that's the term commonly used to describe them). It's pretty sad. At anyrate, there's no such thing as an unstoppable virus; only viruses to which we haven't found out how to block as of yet.

Oh yeah, how does a virus attack the CPU when pretty much everything else it would need has been knocked out. I mean doesn't it need the CPU and RAM to perform any kind of attack? Or am I just revealing some more of my lacking comp. lit.?

Ladyzekke 03-30-2004 10:15 PM

Thanks Crimsonblade, I'll keep an eye out, haaate viruses!

Megabot 03-30-2004 10:27 PM

Hey Wendy i did not see you in the voice chat did you sleep or what? [img]smile.gif[/img]

spydar 03-31-2004 12:52 AM

does it infect only if you open the email??

and thanx for the heads up

Kakero 03-31-2004 01:59 AM

Thankx for the warning, I'll warn everyone in my workplace and possibly my sister as well.

philip 03-31-2004 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
and possibly my sister as well.
I'll especially warn my sisters :D

Thanks!

[ 03-31-2004, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: philip ]

skywalker 03-31-2004 07:19 AM

This a good reason to disable the "preview pane" option if you're using Outlook.

Oh, and in Outlook click shift/delete and you won't have to remove it from Deleted Items afterwards.

Mark