Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Best Weapon Proficiency (minor spoiler) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58785)

Kaleban 11-08-2001 09:31 PM

I think it would have to be the Scimitar group, which gives you access to Scimitars, Ninja-Tos AND Wakizashis.

With the Belm and Scarlet Ninja To, and dual wielding, you can get 4 attacks per round un-specialized I believe, more if you are a Fighter with specialization or better.

Plus, you have the Spectral Brand from ToB in this group, which is just a mean weapon...

Jafin 11-09-2001 12:24 AM

Except for Long Swords of course, the sheer number of them is overwhelming.

-Jafin

frudi_x 11-09-2001 02:13 AM

I'm almost positive Scarlet Ninja-To is only usable by monks.
as for Belm, it's only +2 so it's pretty useless. can't even hit a vampire I think. besides, there isn't a single worthwile scimitar available until late in the game (Water's Edge, found in Ust'Natha). I think early on there's only Kachiko's Wakizashi, sold by Joluv, but it's nothing to scream about. it's +3 but that's it.

my personal favorite are axes. there's Frostreaver that's available really early (I love weapons that do elemental damage) and then there's Stonefire (also does some elemental damage) and Axe of Hrothgar, both +3. then there's Azuredge for killing undead and Rifthome Axe +3, which is a good throwing axe. not to mention Axe of the Unyielding, one of the best weapons in ToB (my second favorite, right after Ravager).
I also like katanas, because of Celestial Fury, which is just awesome. but other than that there's no other useful katana in SoA, so that's a real drawback. still, I love to get GM in them just for CF.

on the other hand, I've never ever used long or bastard swords. call me strange, but I never found any of them too useful... there are some very good ones in ToB, so I might even try them sometime...

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: frudi_x ]</p>

Kingenigma 11-09-2001 06:22 AM

Long swords, Halberds, two handed swords, short bows (in SoA).

Sir Exxon 11-09-2001 08:17 AM

I would say: Two-handed sword, long bow, katana and halberd.

Kaleban 11-09-2001 09:36 AM

I was looking over the weapons, with their effects and which have the greatest potential, and it seems to me that actually the best group would have to be Staves!!!

Of course, you have the Staff of the Magi and Rynn, but there is also the Ram one, as well as several other useful ones like the Rod of Lordly Might, the "elemental one-hit killers" and most of them have very nice effects. Plus, it looks like the only group that has the highest percentage of +4 weapons or better...

Dundee Slaytern 11-09-2001 09:40 AM

Flails and Warhammers, Bastard Swords as a backup.