Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Who's in your party? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101187)

Memnoch 11-26-2009 07:26 AM

Who's in your party?

I feel like I don't want to kick anyone from my party because of their storyline but unfortunately we can only have 4 in the group including the MC so I have me (human rogue - melee, Alastair - tank, Morrigan - caster, Lelianna - ranged rogue). I currently have on the bench Sten (qunari warrior) and Apocalypse my war dog who does a shitload of damage but doesn't speak hence his being demoted.

So who do you have on your team?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MagiK 11-26-2009 08:32 AM

Re: Who's in your party?

Me Human Nobel Rogue, Morigan, Wynne, Lelianna

Thats my standard mob wipe out crew.
For Bosses like Dragons, Revenants and Kangax
I use The Golem, and one of the other fighters with Wynne
acting as a buffer/healer with only occasion casts to do damage.

I also built Wynne out to have all of the Fire Spells so she can wipe out hoards all by her self with the firestorm and the Glyph Bomb... (the combo that paralyzes large groups for long periods)

robertthebard 11-26-2009 08:36 AM

Take the dog more. You're missing out on some funny dialogs, and be sure to talk to him in camp.

I'm trying to be a bit more flexible with party make ups now though. I have a tendency to stick with Alistair, Morrigan, and Lelianna. If you have Shale, you should definitely take him to the mage tower early. Ohgren has some interesting dialog, once you get that far, Orzammar. I tend to do that last as I have a hard with one particular encounter early. Pay close attention to Landmarks while you have the dog.

Chewbacca 11-26-2009 09:33 AM

Ive got a dual-welding silvertongued city elf rogue who travels with Alastair & Morrigan. For the fourth I've been switching out Sten and the Dog, they both have hilarious dialouges.

Sparhawk 11-26-2009 01:31 PM

I have two games going -

The angels.
Me as mage - Alistair as tank - Wynne as healer - Leliana as ranged.

The Demons.
Me as rogue - Shale as tank - Morrigan as mage/heal - Boo as my doggy

Memnoch 11-27-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagiK (Post 1235744)
Me Human Nobel Rogue, Morigan, Wynne, Lelianna

Thats my standard mob wipe out crew.
For Bosses like Dragons, Revenants and Kangax
I use The Golem, and one of the other fighters with Wynne
acting as a buffer/healer with only occasion casts to do damage.

I also built Wynne out to have all of the Fire Spells so she can wipe out hoards all by her self with the firestorm and the Glyph Bomb... (the combo that paralyzes large groups for long periods)

Who's your tank? I guess you're tanking it as the rogue?

Kyrvias 11-27-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memnoch (Post 1235792)
Who's your tank? I guess you're tanking it as the rogue?

<font color = mediumspringgreen> In my experience, with two mages you don't even *need* a tank. You have so many ways to crowd control a mob that your rogues are really just on cleanup duty. </font>

Memnoch 11-27-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrvias (Post 1235795)
In my experience, with two mages you don't even *need* a tank. You have so many ways to crowd control a mob that your rogues are really just on cleanup duty.

Hmm. Maybe because my group is only level 9, my 2 mages don't seem to be doing very much. That said, I'm mainly using tactics instead of micromanaging them - it's a major pain to micromanage using the PS3.

Sparhawk 11-27-2009 02:28 PM

Actually as a shapeshifter Morrigan can go *bear* and maul the "&%/ out of people - somebody at Bioware took a look at WoW and decided to make Morrigan into a hybrid of a drood ( druid ) and a mage ( lady wielding the arts )

SpiritWarrior 11-27-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparhawk (Post 1235798)
Actually as a shapeshifter Morrigan can go *bear* and maul the "&%/ out of people - somebody at Bioware took a look at WoW and decided to make Morrigan into a hybrid of a drood ( druid ) and a mage ( lady wielding the arts )

Yes, it's kinda like an offline WoW in a way, with tons more SP content.