Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How do u lose rep w/o losing it too much? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59239)

Kingenigma 11-23-2001 05:07 AM

I've always played heroes and I find that I cant play evil guys! I know I have to be a crook but how? I don't wish to miss out on items or quests...

Sir Exxon 11-23-2001 08:41 AM

SPOILER
If you have the ability to change to the slayer, do that many times. Your rep will drop with two for each time.
If not, just shadowkeep to a bad rep.

see ya!

Melusine 11-23-2001 08:47 AM

If you are playing evil, you wouldn't have any qualms about stealing either, right? So you could go into a shop that doesn't sell any good items or which you won't visit anymore anyway, and steal with a lousy pickpocket ability. When you get caught, you lose reputation points.

Quest spoilers:
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
You could do this for example in the Brynnlaw store just before you leave the Island or with the storekeep in Maevar's Guildhall just before you get the order to kill MaeVar.
Also, in the Graveyard buried alive-quest, you can take the evil path by picking up the ransom yourself (also gets you a nice item for if you have TOB)

Bruce The Aussie 11-23-2001 09:04 AM

I gotta admit it keeping a resonable Rep is hard. anyone ever played with a rep of 4 or less (i mean for a large portion of the game)

Tom 11-23-2001 01:07 PM

To lower your rep by 1 at a time, go to the drow city, there is a thing where you pay 100 dollars to watch beggars explode. You lose 1 rep at a time.

Hehe, I accidently put my name in the post.

BALROGBANE 11-23-2001 01:19 PM

Just go to any town square and kill any one. Thats what i do.

I'm currently playing with 5 rep and its cool.

LennonCook 11-23-2001 07:56 PM

go to www.baldurdash.com and download the happy patch. then rep doesnt matter

Dundee Slaytern 11-23-2001 11:44 PM

I played evil only once, and maintained a rep of 1... ...

Lord Ludtke 11-25-2001 05:55 PM

There is a kid in umar hills I believe, that is behind the counter of the guy trying to sell those hundreds of books. Just for fun I killed him and then had to take out the whole Tavern. The kid gives you -10 rep, and then I was losing a rep for every non-weaponed(I think) guy that I killed. I ended up at 2 and was attacked all the time when walking around in town. This is actually a good thing if you are high enough level to beat them all. At least one of the Paladins is wearing Full Plat +1, and usually there is a couple +2 weapons. Do this for while, keeping the booty in your bag of holding. When you are ready to return to a rep where stores will actually sell to you, go to temple and pay to get up to at least 3. Sell all stuff, End result = lots of xp and enough gold to make it worthwhile. Try selling to that guy in the copper coronet, he always gives me good prices.

Lord Ludtke 11-25-2001 07:39 PM

Keep in mind prices from most shops with a rep of 3 is 200% of the usual, so do all your shopping ahead of time.