Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97781)

Cloudbringer 09-04-2007 08:41 AM

Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007

here

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Dragonshadow 09-04-2007 08:49 AM

Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007

Yaye! A new cafe.
EDIT: BWAHAHA First post :P

Cloudbringer 09-04-2007 09:04 AM

Yup! Happy Tuesday!

Ilander 09-04-2007 09:10 AM

Good Morning from Kentucky...I hope it rains today. My car needs washed!

Bungleau 09-04-2007 09:13 AM

A new cafe! Woohoo!!!!

:cheers:

bubbe 09-04-2007 09:26 AM

hehe first time I ever seen two cafes on the frontpage of the forum. ;P

edit: eh... first I wrote "the cafes" ... doesn't make much sense :P

JrKASperov 09-04-2007 12:05 PM

Is this where people go to spam messages? :p

Honestly, I've never read these kind of threads on this forum. My first time experience now is giving me the impression of späm.

bubbe 09-04-2007 02:28 PM

:spam3: is tasty :D

edit: BAH :(

Ladyzekke 09-04-2007 03:09 PM

SPAM is so NOT tasty! Neither is devilled ham...or is liver wurst? :lamb:

Dragonshadow 09-04-2007 03:13 PM

Mmmm... Psam. I now have to try hard not to laugh whenever I see it in the supermarket.

Firestormalpha 09-04-2007 04:27 PM

Hey DS, are we ever gonna have another grand Kobold hunt again? It's been forever and it was kinda fun. I think I still got some spare flamethrowers lying around.

Ivelliis 09-04-2007 04:29 PM

Hey all. Back to college today (I got up at 7am *sobs a bit*) and it was....awful I don't want to go back. My stupid timetable is so spaced out, and on Thursday my first lesson is...2.30pm-4pm. What a waste of a day.

Firestormalpha 09-04-2007 04:32 PM

hehe, did some searching in the archives, there were about 10 different threads about the Kobold Rights Movement. And a couple spinoffs about Xvarts.

Good times. I miss them.

DrowArchmage 09-04-2007 04:57 PM

I had to start school today. Man that sucked. Cant say i minded seeing all the pretty girls again though.*smiles shyly* my girlfriend proceeded to sock my playfully in the shoulder when she saw me do it however.

Dragonshadow 09-04-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestormalpha (Post 1188435)
Hey DS, are we ever gonna have another grand Kobold hunt again? It's been forever and it was kinda fun. I think I still got some spare flamethrowers lying around.

Oh yeah! I hope you've got a spare one for me, mine's gone in for its yearly checks and I won't get it back till Thursday.

Cloudbringer 09-05-2007 08:16 AM

Heya Ilander! If it does rain for you, you can come wash my car (since you won't need to do yours!) :D

LZ, I'm not a big fan of Spam either... blech.

Now, conversation and chit chat...and watching all the poor students suffer the pangs of school starting again...that's good stuff! BWHAHAHAHA...

Well, I do hope all you students are having a decent start to the school year and if not..... we've got virtual donuts in the back! :D

johnny 09-05-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladyzekke (Post 1188432)
SPAM is so NOT tasty! Neither is devilled ham...or is liver wurst? :lamb:

I don't think it tastes that bad, especially not on toast with some fried eggs on top. :D

johnny 09-05-2007 09:46 AM

On a sidenote....i just ordered a new package which will bring my phoneconnection and internet under one roof for only 39,95€. Right now i pay both seperately,25€ a month for my internet connection, and every other two months somewhat 150€ for my phoneconnection. All in all this will save me quite a sum of money, but the real kicker here is the free Acer laptop that comes along with this order, this is an opportunity i simply can't ignore. :D And besides all that will my internetconnection be almost twice as fast, i currently have a connection of 6.1 MB, which will be 10 MB when i make the switch.

How can a man refuse an offer like that? :D

bubbe 09-05-2007 09:48 AM

I actully like to get back to school. :P stop whining and start studying :P it's fun!! :D

Stratos 09-05-2007 04:12 PM

Meh, I just moved to a new town and had to switch my 100 MB connection to a mere 10 MB. Friggin' dorm rooms.

DrowArchmage 09-05-2007 08:55 PM

School is not fun. And its not cool. Well at least my teachers are cool enough, i might be smarter than my english teacher though....odd eh?

Ladyzekke 09-06-2007 09:01 PM

Glad tomorrow is Friday. Went to Bestbuy on my way home from work tonight and bought Duran Duran's "Greatest" (2 cds) and Fergie's cd. What a combination eh?

Her name is Rio and she's a big girl that doesn't cry... :hehe:

Iron Greasel 09-07-2007 12:49 PM

Oh, yes, school is fun! My only worry is that it will soon end. And I'll have to get some more schooling, except that this time it's harder and I have to make an effort just to get to school. And after a few more years there is nothing but the uncertainty of the job market. and after a few decades of that, the uncertainty of afterlife.

Oh well, happiness is subjective. One can be rich and successful, and still depressed to the point of suicide. Or one can be starving alone and naked in a lifeboat in the middle of a featureless ocean, and still be the happiest person on earth because it's raining and he can get something to drink for the first time in two days.

johnny 09-09-2007 06:20 AM

Anyone else getting an error when attempting to enter the IW trivia contest? It's been like this all morning for me.

Bungleau 09-09-2007 01:24 PM

It's working for me... just checked.

Cloudbringer 09-09-2007 05:15 PM

Interesting point of view, Iron Greasel! Glad you're enjoying school!

Been a wet Sunday here, raining like crazy with intermittent thunder since last night. One of my cats, Merlin, is afraid of the thunder so he's been hiding half the time and cuddling close to one of his humans the rest of the time, poor thing.

Kyrvias 09-09-2007 05:54 PM

I'm actually glad schooling is back on. This next week is when my Marching Band votes Drum Minors in. That is, two days from now. For those of you uninformed, those are the people that spin batons and generally are the leaders of the band. I've put my all over the past 3 years into making the band better in every way possible... so here's hoping that I get it.

Wish me luck :D

Cloudbringer 09-10-2007 08:58 AM

Ugh, drizzly Monday back at the office....hope you're all having a better day!

LZ, I am spoiling for some goblin crushing! Hope we can get things to work for Sacred tomorrow! :D

Is it really September already? Is it just me or did August slip by awfully quickly?!

Ladyzekke 09-13-2007 10:01 PM

Well Cloudy I hope Skype will save the day for next week, dammit! :)

CVS has a sale on plastic bins of various sizes. I've gone bin crazy LOL. Have about 20 of em now. Have all my paints separated according to color now, yarn in bins that used to be in baskets that I tended to trip over LOL. Bins with tops are good. That is all. :)

Cloudbringer 09-13-2007 10:39 PM

HAHAHA... yes, those plastic bins are great! I've got quite a few around here too- keeps the clutter sort of compartmentalized!

Skype may just do it! I sure hope so, anway.

Am heading off to bed, but hehe... I'll leave you all with this one.. was going to write some checks and had to make sure hubby made a deposit to the bank and while looking at our checkbook I noted a check he'd written for what appears to be Peel/cocker. Uh... took me a while to figure out what that really was....anyone here want to guess? LOLOL

Ladyzekke 09-13-2007 10:42 PM

Errr...no? LOL. What the hell was it?

Bungleau 09-13-2007 11:09 PM

*wipes mind clean... fails*

I have no idea what Peel/cocker is, but it sounds painful. Was he buying medicine for it? ;)

Captain Obvious 09-14-2007 02:08 AM

Yeah, if i needed Peel and/or cocker, i would be seeing a professional.

give us a hint: How much was it?

And who uses cheques these days anyway???

Cloudbringer 09-14-2007 07:00 AM

ROTFL! Hubby's handwriting is hmm...well....a bit ...difficult to read sometimes (ask LZ, once I had to resend a package to her that got returned to us because his label was hard to read... *snicker) and he was trying to write in the checkbook wihile holding it up on a wall....at the gym.

It was his pool pass and locker he was paying for! :D :D :D But I laughed my butt off when I read the thing and thought it said 'peel/cocker'! A friend and I were laughing so hard, I had to call hubby at the office and ask him what the heck he meant ! And Bungleau....HAHAHAHA..shame on you....but uh.. my friend thiought similar things before we found out what it was for! ;) :D :D

Nachtrafe 09-14-2007 07:53 AM

Well, see, there was this rash..... :D :D :D :D

LOL...Apparently my handwriting is so sloppy, my dear wife misread POOL/LOCKER in the checkbook. :P I had gone with a friend to renew our memberships for the local pool and since the office I went to had no countertop, I was forced to hold the checkbook against the wall and write at a weird angle. The pen kept going dry so the pen was at a messed up angle too. LOL...It really was messy handwriting. :D

Bungleau 09-14-2007 09:26 AM

Cloudy, I don't know what you were thinking of... I was thinking he'd paid for some banana peels for a cocker spaniel or something... ;)

:angel:

Cloudbringer 09-14-2007 04:57 PM

uh huh! :D :D :D

Ladyzekke 09-16-2007 10:28 PM

Gosh it got cold here! Brrr! Went from the 90s and humid to low 70s and no humidity! I think it's gonna get down to 48F tonight LOL, wow that is chilly for this time of year. I think it may have gotten that cold last night as well. I had the bedroom window open, and a fan going, didn't know it was gonna get THAT cold! Sheesh. I spent the night wrapped like a burrito in my comforter LOL. :hehe:

Bought a "boom box" this weekend. Took me quite a few trips about different stores to actually find one. Seems the boom box is going out I wonder. Lots of little shelf stereos seem to be popular now. I really only found three choices really after the end of my search about town (2 BestBuys, Wallmart, Target, Circuit City). So I ended up buying one that was a Sony Xplode, 20 watts. It has a CD player and a cassette player. Cassettes though are pretty much out now so I doubt I'll ever use the player for that. This one Bestbuy did have another Sony boombox that was 52 watts and you could even plug in a guitar to it. Was almost $300 bucks though, so too much, I don't really need that. I have a kick ass Pioneer stereo so if I want the BIG I can get it there. Just wanted something that sounded good turned up, nearby and portable, while I'm painting, say, now and again. Something easily moved around and handy like that. :) So far I really like it. I play CDs while paint, and when TV is at a boring point. :D

Cloudbringer 09-17-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladyzekke (Post 1189545)
Gosh it got cold here! Brrr! Went from the 90s and humid to low 70s and no humidity! I think it's gonna get down to 48F tonight LOL, wow that is chilly for this time of year. I think it may have gotten that cold last night as well. I had the bedroom window open, and a fan going, didn't know it was gonna get THAT cold! Sheesh. I spent the night wrapped like a burrito in my comforter LOL. :hehe:

Bought a "boom box" this weekend. Took me quite a few trips about different stores to actually find one. Seems the boom box is going out I wonder. Lots of little shelf stereos seem to be popular now. I really only found three choices really after the end of my search about town (2 BestBuys, Wallmart, Target, Circuit City). So I ended up buying one that was a Sony Xplode, 20 watts. It has a CD player and a cassette player. Cassettes though are pretty much out now so I doubt I'll ever use the player for that. This one Bestbuy did have another Sony boombox that was 52 watts and you could even plug in a guitar to it. Was almost $300 bucks though, so too much, I don't really need that. I have a kick ass Pioneer stereo so if I want the BIG I can get it there. Just wanted something that sounded good turned up, nearby and portable, while I'm painting, say, now and again. Something easily moved around and handy like that. :) So far I really like it. I play CDs while paint, and when TV is at a boring point. :D

Yes, it is way too cold for this time of year! LOL Right now I think it is approaching 45 F out there... sheesh! Our high today is supposed to be low 60's! :erm:

I'm surprised you even found a boom box, Wendy! They really do seem to be on their way out, but I'm not sure what's replacing them, maybe those stereo's you saw. I've got a little 'baby boom box' sort of thing that plays a cd and a cassette. I guess so many people have ipods they figure you won't want anything else? But what if you want to play it without an earphone! So you do need something in btwn the stereo and a ipod/mp3 player! Glad you found one you could use.

DrowArchmage 09-18-2007 09:17 AM

I wish it would get cold here, im tired of the summer. I cant wait to get out in the great forests of Michigan and go hunting for the wild man eating white tail. (exaggerated).