Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Templeruin and Black Dragon a joke ??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13976)

Zazze 09-17-2003 04:02 AM

I thought and heard that the temple ruin of Amunator should be real hard and the black dragon a menace. But my lvl 12 group did a nice sunday afternoon adventure down there.

- my cleric with her 115% fire-resistance did the tests - who cares some flamestrikes

- the shadow and wolves were lousy guards, the shadow-lord didn´t stand a minute.

- after finishing the shadowlord I tried the blacky, my opening was the spell "lower resistance" then a second one. And while the dragon was play pool billard with my fighter , my mage casts "desintiration". EoF !

Is it realy that simple ? Or had u harder fights ?

Faceman 09-17-2003 04:21 AM

In theory the game should adjust difficulty to your levels. It doesn't do that quite effectively. Most people do the Shadow Temple quest in Chapter 2 with a lvl8/lvl9 party and even then it's not that hard. If you come back with a high level party you can inst-kill almost 90% of the enemies with your cleric (turn-undead) and the rest (bone Golems, Skeleton Warriors) is only a short fight. Dragons can be slain easily with the right tactics. If you have bad equipment, a low-level party and have never encountered a dragon before it WILL be hard. If you've already visited Firkraag you know the deal and therefore laugh at the shadow dragon.
So, YES it is THAT simple.
and
NO it is not if you do it earlier in the game.
However I must admit that this was one of the rare dungeons that never gave me particular trouble (Dragon aside) even when I was a complete n00b.

teardropmina 09-17-2003 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zazze:
I thought and heard that the temple ruin of Amunator should be real hard and the black dragon a menace. But my lvl 12 group did a nice sunday afternoon adventure down there.

- my cleric with her 115% fire-resistance did the tests - who cares some flamestrikes

- the shadow and wolves were lousy guards, the shadow-lord didn´t stand a minute.

- after finishing the shadowlord I tried the blacky, my opening was the spell "lower resistance" then a second one. And while the dragon was play pool billard with my fighter , my mage casts "desintiration". EoF !

Is it realy that simple ? Or had u harder fights ?

I don't recall reading many people said Temple Ruin is tough and the Shadow Dragon a menace (not black). If you read most of the recent posts, one old hand beat the shadow dragon in the second "game" day, which means an average lvl 9 party maybe. That's for experienced and very skillful gamers to do, but many have adviced to do this quest as one of the "early, easy" quests. Check how much XP you got for killing her, and compare to what you'll get for the dragons you'll kill later, you'd know how tough she's meant to be.

Dundee Slaytern 09-17-2003 04:22 AM

Using Disintegration on Dragons is a very, very bad move.

teardropmina 09-17-2003 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Using Disintegration on Dragons is a very, very bad move.
yeah! one of the best weapon in SoA gone bye-bye [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Zazze 09-17-2003 04:30 AM

Why is "desintigrate" a bad move ?

I did the red one early in the game.

teardropmina 09-17-2003 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zazze:
Why is "desintigrate" a bad move ?

I did the red one early in the game.

after you've done that to dragons, did you find any loot? any good items left on the floor?

Zazze 09-17-2003 04:55 AM

äääähhhm, I think i found :
4 or 5 gems
a cloak
a scroll (Crom Feyr)
a sword ??

don´t know exactly.

Dundee Slaytern 09-17-2003 04:57 AM

Alas... Thieves and Rangers mourned the loss of a very good armour.

Zazze 09-17-2003 04:59 AM

Sorry I forgot the scales, but compared with the red scales they are lousy but very stilish