Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I want some money back!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89556)

Donut 03-11-2004 08:40 AM

It's outrageous! I spend £1,095 for my season ticket at Arsenal; to watch what?? There's no excitement, no suspense, never any doubt about who will win! They play for 20-30 minutes, go 2-0 up, totally dominate and demoralise the opposition and then what? Nothing! Nada! Just pass the ball endlessly between them, not letting the other side get a touch! The only way around it that I can see is to let the other team have their own ball. Unbeaten for over 300 days in the league! What fun is that? Where are the halcyon days of George Graham when we would grind out a 1-0 against teams that had played better than us?

:D

Cloudbringer 03-11-2004 08:50 AM

Oh you poor dear! How awful! The tedium, the wretched boredom of winning! I mean, really! ;)

Skippy1 03-11-2004 08:54 AM

I have no sympathy for you at all Donut. It's the price you have to pay for supporting a boring code! :D

Davros 03-11-2004 09:18 AM

I have every sympathy for you Donut. At least the day that I went with you we had suspense and gripped-ness all the way to the end. The last few weeks have left me entirely un-gripped as we monotonously and systematically clobber the living daylights out of the opposition :D

Skippy1 03-11-2004 09:36 AM

"gripped-ness"......aye!? Is that a real word/s? If so, whats it mean?

On second thoughts, perhaps I'd be better off not knowing.

I do take a passing interest in the soccer. But only so I can beat some of my work mates at their own game in the fantasyfootball. I've actually got Ljungberg, Pires, Henry and Toure in my team!

Jorath Calar 03-11-2004 09:39 AM

No sympathy here either, it's a world known fact that Football/Soccer is tedious and boring... so you have nothing to complain about...

next season send me the money and I'll send you a joke or a funny picture in email everyday... I guaranty you will have more fun... :D

[ 03-11-2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]

Gnarf 03-11-2004 10:47 AM

Yeah, "no excitement, no suspense" pretty much sums up soccer IIRC.

WillowIX 03-11-2004 10:49 AM

Well Donut, I'd offer to purchase season ticket provided that you can convince the players to play with their shirts off. ;) :D

Donut 03-11-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by WillowIX:
Well Donut, I'd offer to purchase season ticket provided that you can convince the players to play with their shirts off. ;) :D
Shame on you Willow!!!

Mind you I know what you mean! That Thierry Henry is well fit!

Skippy1 03-11-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WillowIX:

Shame on you Willow!!!

Mind you I know what you mean! That Thierry Henry is well fit!
</font>[/QUOTE]Save your money Willow. Their all skinny little runts that fall over clutching their shins if you so much as breath in their direction.

Now for a real man, you want a rugby player. Sensitive and subtle, with that bit of brawn that a girl finds so reassuring on those long, cold winter nights. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]