Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Return to the Stout Mines (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32241)

Storm Shadow 05-05-2003 09:41 PM

Has anyone else had the problem of when you return to the stout mines the only way the guard who takes the writ will send you is out? I can't figure out if that is normal or just a fluke, but I couldn't get him to let me in the second time around.

Bungleau 05-05-2003 11:24 PM

Good old Senior Pastor Oleo... he gets confused sometimes as to what he's doing (which may be related to too much Boogre Brew :D )

Many folks have said that carrying too many writs can cause this problem. I don't know; I've dropped all but one, and when this happens, it still happens :(

My approach revolves around the concept of the entry room (where you give him the writ) as a double-doored elevator. You give him the writ, he closes one door, moves the elevator, and opens the other. Sometimes, he immediately starts to reverse the process.

What I've found to work 100% of the time is to run out of the elevator before he can shut the doors again. Let him send you down, but position yourself so you're pointing at the door that will open. As it loads, put your finger on the Forward key and hold it there. You'll take off like greased lightning when the door finally opens, and when he shuts it to send the elevator back up, you're not in it, so you can stay where you are.

It's always worked for me. I hope it proves useful to you.

This is also explained somewhere in the Best Tips thread, along with lots of other goodies.

Wyvern 05-06-2003 07:29 AM

This sort of bug is usually the result of too many writs.

THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE (says the narrator from the Highlander)

Unfortunately, once a game starts generating more than one writ, the problem is difficult even if you identify and drop the excess writs. Bungleau's solution is probably your best chance to get back in.

What was it that you needed back in the Stout Mines?

Wyv

LiOnHe@rT 05-06-2003 10:47 AM

i've also had problems of wateverhisnameis automatically closing the doors when i gif him the writ, and i end up in the Gael Serran instead of the mines... but that only happens once in a while and not everytime......
there's not much in the stout mines, juz that u can get the assasin's dagger if u havent killed that fellar, and getting countless number of dragon armour if u've got the right skill! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Shimoda 05-12-2003 10:27 AM

I found another way to get in the mines besides giving the guard a writ is just start talking with him. Eventually somewhere the conversation will talk about how hot it is in the mines and how thirsty he gets. He is looking for something to drink and you bring him what he wants to drink and he will let you in.

Bungleau 05-12-2003 01:34 PM

That's how I got in the first time, Shimoda. When you bring him his beverage of choice (from the only bar in the Gael Serran that actually serves booze), he gives you a writ that lets you in. After that, you use the writ and are subject to the same rules and possible bugs.