Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Corruption, An Odd Concept... Yes (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13634)

Gangrell 08-08-2003 08:35 PM

I have found the, errm, "glitch" so to speak, but it wasn't in the Tashia Mod. I'm sure some people here have had problems of sentences or words bleeding over onto character names and such before and I've tried a lot to restore it, but then I thought "Why not start a new game?" Right now, Tashia's name appears as "My you have changed..." but technically, there should be nothing wrong with it. So I started up a new game and spoilers are ahead...
In ToB, and I got Tashia back from the statues, and her name, biography, everything was restored. Is it that when games jump from SoA to ToB there is a chance of file corruption? All I have to do is start a new game in ToB and give them the same stats, items and such and everything will be fine, but is corruption possible jumping from SoA to ToB?

Pyrenk 08-08-2003 08:43 PM

It's never happened for me, so I don't think so. Kelsey and Tashia made it into ToB with nary a scratch [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gangrell 08-08-2003 08:56 PM

Well, there's only one possibility then... Microsoft is out to get me :rolleyes:

Pyrenk 08-08-2003 08:58 PM

Ah, the oxymoron...Microsoft Works [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I use XP Pro, but, as I said, no problems. The only problems that I do have are with installing/uninstalling, but Andrewas and Cataephract solved those [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-08-2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]

pcgiant 08-08-2003 09:17 PM

Gangrell buddy, do you have TDD installed, by any chance?

Pyrenk 08-08-2003 09:19 PM

TDD...what a horribly buggy mod :D

Gangrell 08-08-2003 09:26 PM

Nope, but here is a list of mods I do have.
</font>
  • Acension</font>
  • Tactics</font>
  • Ease-of-Use</font>
  • Solaufein</font>
  • Tashia</font>
  • Valen</font>
  • Spells to 50th Level</font>
  • Redemption</font>
  • NPC Flirt Packets</font>
  • Dungeon-Be-Gone</font>
  • Items Upgrade</font>
Too much perhaps? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Assassin 08-08-2003 09:59 PM

Install Tashia before everything else, as it uses an older version of weiDU. (Well, that is, before all of the mods, but after the patches)

Pyrenk 08-08-2003 10:06 PM

1. Patch
2. Baldurdash
3. Non-Weidu
4. Weidu

Grammar 08-08-2003 11:41 PM

Use a more modern version of Weidu and rename it to the current Tashia installer's name (e.g say it's using v 60 of WeiDU. Setup-Tashia.exe or something. Download latest version of WeiDU and rename it to Setup-Tashia.exe).