Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lich (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58679)

Guk73 11-04-2001 11:40 PM

Does anyone know how to kill this guy?!!
He's protecting a nice sword (dayslayer I think its called)in the chest behind him. I tried going after him with all I had a couple of times but he didn't even take any damage and he literally fried me.

He's located....
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!
!
.... in a secret room at The Crooked Crane at the City Gates. You can sneak in behind him with a hasted thief to get the sword but I'd like to fry his robe-wearin' ass. Bet he's worth tons of XP.

Aurican 11-05-2001 12:07 AM

Basically, what you need to do is draw his fire. I've found that summoned monsters can do this rather well. The main problem is getting the lich to target the summoned stuff in opposed to your party. After that, while he is busy, lay out some spells to help drop his defenses. The slaying weapons like Azureedge or Mace of Disruption are great for liches, they can sometimes be killed with one blow. I hope some of this helps.

Guk73 11-05-2001 12:12 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Mitro Jellywadder 11-05-2001 12:45 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guk73:
Does anyone know how to kill this guy?!!
He's protecting a nice sword (dayslayer I think its called)in the chest behind him. I tried going after him with all I had a couple of times but he didn't even take any damage and he literally fried me.

He's located....
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!
!
.... in a secret room at The Crooked Crane at the City Gates. You can sneak in behind him with a hasted thief to get the sword but I'd like to fry his robe-wearin' ass. Bet he's worth tons of XP.
<hr></blockquote>

Cheesy Tactics Follow

:D
Haste your thief. Run into the room and unlock
the chest. Grab the sword and run back to the inn. Have your characters rest and then give the
sword to your ranger. Haste him and everyone
rush into the room. Use the special ability of the sword and then follow up with melee attacks and spells. No problem.

Darth Bob 11-05-2001 08:02 AM

Sometimes, if you have a really really really high turn undead, it will kill a lich outright! Also are you talking about the Lich in Athatla, or the Demi-Lich?

Sir Degrader 11-08-2001 01:42 PM

one of the straties i found is to let him were off his spells on summoned creatures then rest at the inn and then hack him to peices!

Debaser 11-08-2001 11:13 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:

Cheesy Tactics Follow

:D
Haste your thief. Run into the room and unlock
the chest. Grab the sword and run back to the inn. Have your characters rest and then give the
sword to your ranger. Haste him and everyone
rush into the room. Use the special ability of the sword and then follow up with melee attacks and spells. No problem.
<hr></blockquote>

The only problem with this strategy is that the lich follows you out of the crypt and into the Crooked Crane if he sees you...maybe if your thief were improved invisible, that might prevent the lich from following you.