Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Neverending Nights - A NWN Story (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36565)

T-D-C 11-01-2004 07:33 PM

Hey Guys,

I was browsing around the Bioware forums and found these guys making a video story using the NWN engine.

Pretty funny in some parts and reminds me of the Red V Blue guys that did this using Halo.

Check out the thread here

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...&forum=42&sp=0

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers!

Xen 11-02-2004 03:50 AM

I want to see it, but when I clicked on the links (both of these links) wich the guy offerd in his post I get this error: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...&forum=42&sp=0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3

Congrats! You have found a page that doesn't even actually exist or is no longer in service! If you feel you've reached this page in error, please hang up and call again.

[ADD]I tried to open those two links in Firefox and in IE.[/ADD]

[ 11-02-2004, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]

T-D-C 11-02-2004 04:53 AM

Hmm strange they were both working for me.

Hang on later on in the post he has moved them. I think the new videos are on page 2 and 3.

Promo Video
Click Here

Episode 1
Click Here

Episode 2
Click Here

Cheers

Xen 11-02-2004 05:37 AM

It works now. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks T-D-C.

shamrock_uk 11-02-2004 06:15 AM

Haha, this is fantastic! Thanks TDC!

T-D-C 11-02-2004 03:22 PM

Also the guys that did this have asked that if you like it to add some comments in the thread over at the Bioware forums. They have a few more comming out as well.

robertthebard 11-11-2004 10:07 PM

That was great, I'll have to call them for my cut scenes.

Vaprakgruumsh 11-21-2004 02:57 AM

Imagine my surprise, while cruising through Google.com looking up "Neverending Nights"... to find a thread about it here! [img]smile.gif[/img] (I used to roam through these forums back when Wizardry 8 had come out! So I hung out over there!)

Wow! So yeah, that's me. (I usually go by Tawmis on most forums!)

Heh, the links ye tried before that didn't work ... they were on my site, but they got downloaded too fast for my poor site to handle. So they've been moved from my site, onto my co-creator's site, Adam! So that's why it went from being on tawmis.com to adamfreese.com! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wow! So yeah, I am floored to see it mentioned here. [img]smile.gif[/img] Beat me to the punch! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also keep an updated list on my forum...

http://www.tawmis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=835

We're currently on Episode 4 released. (We have written up to Episode 7, and have the audio done for Episode 5 - and almost all the filming). However, Adam is away this weekend and next, so there's probably gonna be a delay on the release of Episode 5. So I was thinking of releasing some of the out takes (audio, put to video) until Adam comes back from his vacation! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I collect all the comments (good and bad!) and put'em on my forum! So I hope ye guys don't mind if I take your comments and post them there. [img]smile.gif[/img] Love having them all in one spot for easy access. [img]smile.gif[/img]

T-D-C 11-21-2004 03:37 AM

Excellent glad to see you over here. Hope you don't mind that I linked people to it from here.

I just had to share some of the fantastic work that you have done.

Vaprakgruumsh 11-21-2004 04:29 AM

Complain?! Are you kidding me! Flattered that ye found it worthy enough of mentioning over here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

T-D-C 11-21-2004 03:16 PM

Yeah it was definatly some fantastic work. Maybe you could film and episode in our Mod escape from Undermountain LOL. I can immangine those two finding there way down there and not knowing the way out.

Thanks for the great laughs that you have given me :D

dplax 11-21-2004 03:45 PM

Nice humor in the episodes. I liked it although the lack of lip movement was weird in the beginning. I understand though that that would be too hard to do. Awaiting further episodes eagerly.

Vaprakgruumsh 11-21-2004 09:52 PM

So far, all the content seen is done by me (the maps, the city, the forest, etc) with the NWN Toolset. Haven't used any modules for anything, since this way we can control how everything looks (and adjust stuff that needs to be moved for camera angles and stuff like that)... although the biggest problem always seemed to be something or someone running into our invisible camera man during a shoot. (This was a big problem in Episode 1 lol - till I just cleared all the paths around where the camera man would be standing).

[img]smile.gif[/img]

And yeah the lip movement has been the one thing everyone mentions... which is why we have gone with a lot more "away" shots.

T-D-C 11-21-2004 10:14 PM

Then again sooner or later the "heros" may stumble across some helmets that may allow you to do some close up shots. Just like what you did with the actual heros in the tavern.

Vaprakgruumsh 11-21-2004 11:21 PM

Aye. The heroes will get "upgrades." Of course, how they acquire the money is... well, less than heroic but "justified" in their eyes. lol

The one who plays the role of the Armor Vendor will be done by my wife. (We're trying to include all of our RL friends... Paul will play a dwarf, Chad a wizard, my wife the armor vendor, Poppy a salt vendor, Christi a 'hostess', Brandi (Adam's wife) will be a 'lady of the evening', Chris will probably be a sword vendor, and our friend Jeremy will be filling the voice of the dragon...!)

Firetoad 11-26-2004 08:32 PM

Great job. I really enjoyed them all.

Vaprakgruumsh 11-27-2004 08:44 PM

Heya Firetoad! Thanks for checking them out. So far everyone seems to like Episode 4 the best... hoping we keep getting better... we're getting more comfortable with the writing and characters, so I hope that also means better and better material! [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's been a crazy week! Weds was out all night (wife's bday), Thurs was at a friend's place for Turkey Day till midnight, Friday a friend came over till 6am, and tonight headed to a friend's house probably till after midnight... Adam is gone for the weekend, so nothing's getting done episode wise this weekend. :(

Vaprakgruumsh 12-03-2004 12:25 AM

Episode 4 is now on NWVault...

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/movies/...35809000.shtml

T-D-C 12-03-2004 12:41 AM

LOl I Loved Episode 4. Definatly one of the best so far

Vaprakgruumsh 12-04-2004 01:36 AM

Heh! Thanks! I think Episode 4 is my favorite so far also... We did the audio for Episode 5, and got most of it filmed... gonna try to finish filming Episode 5 on Sunday, record audio for Episode 6, and even try to film Episode 6 if we can squeeze it in there. Then I will cut, splice and edit whatever we do manage to finish and hopefully have something new next week...

Vaprakgruumsh 12-06-2004 08:07 PM

Hey folks! Finished filming Episode 5. Will be editing it this week, and hopefully have it done by this Friday (at the latest!) The holidays have me going everywhere - or else this is all I'd be working on right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vaprakgruumsh 12-08-2004 08:08 PM

Hey folks, Neverending Nights.com has officially launched! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.neverendingnights.com

We're still working on some of the cosmetics (slow going due to the holidays). [img]smile.gif[/img]

T-D-C 12-08-2004 08:28 PM

Sweet site.

Looking forward to camping out for the enxt installments of the videos.

Cheers!

Vaprakgruumsh 12-11-2004 06:20 PM

Hey TDC! Thanks for the compliment on the site. We plan to add more as we go - but the X-Mas holidays have us moving slow! (Not to mention while I am hard at work editing Episode 5, Adam is off enjoying Disneyland! How's that for fair)? lol

Anyway - yes, the rumors are true! Episode 5 is done!

http://www.neverendingnights.com/video/neverend-ep5.wmv

Episode 5: Ye Salty Dog! (Right Click and SAVE AS...) is now available! Running 4 minutes as 12 seconds, this one weighs in at 46.6 megs! One of our longest, and biggest ones yet! This one brings our heroes into the small village of Galana, where they meet a rather interesting... salt vendor?! And also - they research how to 'look like heroes'... Check it out!

Vaprakgruumsh 12-15-2004 11:18 PM

Check this email I got today...!

Hi Tawmis
Can you supply me with pics that portray the following?...

1. Peter and Grayson at the well in episode 2

2. Pawl the Dwarf's map

3. Peter and Grayson lost in the wood

4. Peter and Grayson or just one of them in the tavern in Galana (sp?)

Neverending Nights is our machinima selection of the month in our Feb issue out on January 22nd in the UK. We'll feature a four panel strip from the series and a brief description as to why our readers should download it.

I was wondering - would you have any objection to us covermounting episodes 1-5 on our discs to accompany the piece?

Regards
Mark
PC Gamer

T-D-C 12-15-2004 11:21 PM

Hey thats really cool!

Im sure our UK guys will keep an eye out for that!

Grojlach 12-16-2004 05:13 AM

Looking great!

Vaprakgruumsh 12-23-2004 01:25 PM

Well, small update. [img]smile.gif[/img] Got all of it off to Mark, and it looks like they love it! They also asked if they could continue to put future episodes on their DVDs every so often - archive them (like next time it might be episodes 6 thru 10, or what not!) So that's incredible for us! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also...

In jest and humor, we started talking about which character was clearly carrying the series - and so then one of our users thought he would throw up a poll about who the favorite character is so far!

Right now, Peter (my character) holds the lead - so if you want, head over and join the Neverending Nights forum and head into this thread.

You can also vote for Paul's character, who is Pawl the Dorf, who has not made an appearance in the episodes as of yet, but has been mentioned, and already has a strong following of fans! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Feel free to check it all out at Neverending Nights.com!

[ 12-23-2004, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Vaprakgruumsh ]

Vaprakgruumsh 01-12-2005 03:10 AM

Well this is the month that we appear in PC GAMER UK. I am on pins and needles to see the issue in my hands! That page and DVD/CD will be framed! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also just finished editing Episode 6. Currently on the Site we're up to the final draft of Episode 4 being released! So feel free to head there and check it out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vaprakgruumsh 01-22-2005 03:24 AM

Hey, if you head to the site, Episode 5 was released. Also, we released Out Takes Volume 2. This one covers episodes 2 thru 6, and is a huge improvement (in editing and humor) over the original out take video - of course, it's also 134 megs and 10 minutes of humor and fun!

AnS 01-24-2005 05:30 AM

Hi Vaprakgruumsh aka tawnis

Is it possible that the video is listed in the PC Gamer US edition??? Cause from my country, I think that's the only PC Gamer Edition that I can get so far. Could u ask that to the PC Gamer editorial ??

Of course I can always download them from your web which actualy is being done at the moment.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vaprakgruumsh 01-24-2005 11:32 AM

Sadly, to my understanding, the PC GAMER UK and the regular PC GAMER magazine (offered from the US), are different in content. So the Neverending Nights episodes will only be on the UK version. However, as ye stated, all of the Episodes are on our website (except for the PC GAMER UK one, which will be available in a few days - we wanted the folks in the UK to get a first look at it, so the issue was released Saturday, so in a few more days the PC GAMER UK episode will be available!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

And since you're downloading, feel free to comment either on our forums, or here. [img]smile.gif[/img] I love hearing what people think of the series, good or bad! [img]smile.gif[/img]

AnS 01-25-2005 12:06 AM

Good or bad?? It was hillarious. It looks a bit doggy. But so far (2 episodes) it was only 2 people talking. So I kind of expecting something big in the next 3 epsiodes.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Great job mate. It is good to know that from a gmae we can make a movie.. ;)

Vaprakgruumsh 01-26-2005 06:33 PM

Hey! Awesome! Glad you liked it! If you're talking about the video being dodgy... Aye... the first... I'd say three episodes, it's iffy. (We were tinkering around with different settings - for example, Episode 2 is cropped on the top and the bottom, an effect we were toying with - to give it the "Wide Screen" effect).

Episode Four, we found the settings that we really liked. So Episode 4 and onward, the video is very crips and clean!

So let me know when you get to those episodes, what you think! [img]smile.gif[/img] Episode 5 is the latest one available! Here in a few days, I am going to release the episode we did for PC GAMER UK (the magazine hit the stands last Saturday in the UK). And then probably a week after that, Episode 6 will become available for download.

We finished recording the audio for Episode 7, and have Episode 8 already written down. So we need to film 7, and do the audio for 8, and I am already hard at work on writing Episode 9! You will be happy to hear that Episode 5 introduces a new person (they don't remain with us, but it's a new person no less!), Episode 6 introduces a new person (again, they don't travel with us, but new, no less!), Episode 8 and Episode 9 will also feature new people, and Episode 10 features Pawl the Dorf, who will travel with us, through Episode 12, I believe it is.

We have it all the way planned out to the end of Season 1 (which is Episode 21). But the entire thing will focus on our two heroes, Peter and Grayson! [img]smile.gif[/img]

AnS 01-27-2005 09:35 PM

OMG!! hehehe perhaps too exagerating.. but u earn it man. :D

Yes it was better in the 4th and 5th episodes. The story evolves nicely. And I think the most funny one is episode 4 where they got lost.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I am waiting the 6th and the rest now. Kind of expecting a heavy funny battle or something like that..
Good luck matey ;)

Vaprakgruumsh 02-02-2005 09:39 AM

Heh, Episode 6 is now available... and if you're waiting for a battle... look to Episode 7 when that one is released! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vaprakgruumsh 02-02-2005 07:10 PM

Also if ye have joined the forums (or if ye haven't - register and join us! "It is your destiny!" [in a Darth Vader kinda voice!]) and take a look at a mini 3 question questionare thingie... you can answer them over there by reading this!

T-D-C 02-02-2005 08:06 PM

LOL I just watched Ep's 5 & 6 I LOVE the Bard song in Ep 5 CLASSIC!

Vaprakgruumsh 02-04-2005 01:05 AM

I assume you recognize the beat of the song that I sing it to? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I was debating of adding that song (I found a instrumental version of the song) - and mixing the lyrics I can up with it at the very end (during the credits and what not) - but then, decided against it against any sort of illegal use thing came up from using an mp3 that was not our own original material or one from Bioware. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vaprakgruumsh 02-09-2005 03:49 PM

Well, going to be tight lipped about this (for now!) - but something VERY big (to us!) is going to happen in terms of Neverending Nights! [img]smile.gif[/img] So keep your eyes peeled to the site as more of the mystery unravels! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Needless to say, Adam and I are giggling like little girls. [img]smile.gif[/img]