Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Thanksgiving menu help please (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72091)

*\Conan/* 11-14-2001 12:12 PM

I am cooking this year and I really want to try something different. Can you all give me a couple of ideas to liven up the menu? Twice baked potatos and dry turkey have been a norm for to long! I am going to buy my bird soon.. what else should I attain at the store?? Thanks!

Hiram Sedai 11-14-2001 12:15 PM

No suprise here, but perhaps a bag of cheetos would truly compliment your meal for the holiday. You can use it as stuffing, the main course or dessert. Be sure to keep it away from the extremely old and infirm as the taste may be a bit overpowering for them. They prefer to have theirs pre moistened.

*\Conan/* 11-14-2001 12:25 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
No suprise here, but perhaps a bag of cheetos would truly compliment your meal for the holiday. You can use it as stuffing, the main course or dessert. Be sure to keep it away from the extremely old and infirm as the taste may be a bit overpowering for them. They prefer to have theirs pre moistened.<hr></blockquote>
Heh! Sounds easy enough [img]smile.gif[/img] Mybe something a little less toxic thow Hiram. Come on now ..help me spank that bird into the oven with delectable delights.

Sir Mitsos 11-14-2001 12:30 PM

When exactly is thanksgaving and what exactly do you celebrate? I never understood this holiday(mainly because we don't celebrate it here).

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Sir Mitsos ]</p>

*\Conan/* 11-14-2001 12:38 PM

Thanksgiving

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]</p>

Legolas 11-14-2001 01:04 PM

Cook your turkey in water to avoid dryness

Stuffings (pre-cooking, of course):
Ketchup (It's new, it's original, it's bound to tase terrible [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Chocolate/cheese combo (for extra meltyness)
Peanut butter (nothing beats roasted peanuts)
Turkey wings (a nice surprise)Dog food (any kind will do, ask for details in the local pet store)

CAUTION: I am not a turkey expert. If you follow my advice and anything goes wrong, don't blame me. If it turns out it tastes good, I get the credit [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lady Avalon 11-14-2001 01:27 PM

I have this wonderful baked pineapple recipe. I can give you the recipe if you're interested. Very easy to make and makes a nice addition to any meal. It has chunk pineapple, flour, sugar and cheddar cheese in it.

*\Conan/* 11-14-2001 01:42 PM

Legolas, I am surprised at you ! Your Ranger skills in cooking need a little honing [img]smile.gif[/img] Lady Avalon send it to me! Sounds great...mmmm

Lady Avalon 11-14-2001 01:49 PM

Baked Pineapple Recipe

2 - 16oz cans of Chunk Pineapple (drained)
4 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese (sharp cheddar is best)
1 cup sugar
12 tablespoons flour

Mix ingredients and place in baking dish. You can crush some Ritz crackers and use them as a topping (optional). Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Legolas 11-14-2001 01:49 PM

I think it was the lion part in me [img]smile.gif[/img]